• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Leave bag in the hot car?

billnchristy

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
I have seen a lot of folks leave their stuff in the trunk. Do you not worry about heat warping the discs?

I might be a little obsessive but I take mine in...hell today we are playing after work and brought them in the office.

I leave mine...not really worried...I keep my bag fairly organized and nothing is standing sideways...all straight up and down (my bag is a little full) so when I pull them out for the first drive they all feel gummy :D

I've been keeping a few discs in my work truck for about three years now. They stand on end in a tight compartment. So far there's been no warping.

FWIW, I also keep a thermometer in an air vent. I've seen the truck up to 140% in the summer.

I've also learned to but lip balm in screw cap containers too.

Last edited:
Thats what I am afraid of...that and my tendency to bend flexible discs...I am afraid they will stay that way...haha.

i have left putters in the car that over time, 2 years of always being the backup, discolored and warped. all the warped ones were dx plastic (not sure if that was why)

My brother had a putter warp to crap because it was leaning on something in direct sunlight. I also think the type of plastic also contributes to this. I've started taking my bag out of the car, or at least making sure they're not hit by direct sunlight in the car.

I just know from my life experiences with plastic that heat and plastic dont mix. I would imagine there could be some performance hindering reactions going on in the plastic that are unseen by the human eye

My father keeps his in his trunk and doesn't have an issue. I would guess that if you don't live in a really hot area and they are not in direct sun light that you are fine.

So as long as you keep your bag zipped up the discs will not be in direct sunlight and be just fine.

Also, some of the best putters that I have seen putt with warped discs.

My putter is warped and beaten to all hell, but I still get an amazing toss out of it. Even long shots that I would normally use a midrange on, I can aim in perfect with my putter. Maybe I'm used to the warped in, beaten putter, but I'm not racing out to get a new one. I also have found my dx discs to warp in a hot car alot quicker than champion or star plastic. ( In the same bag in the same car 3 of my dx discs got warped but none of my higher quality plastic has any visible warp.) I'm making a cardboard disc holder so even if they have to stay out in the hot car at least they are upright and not warping each other.

I just know from my life experiences with plastic that heat and plastic dont mix. I would imagine there could be some performance hindering reactions going on in the plastic that are unseen by the human eye

Well I loaned a brand new TL to a newbie and he promptly threw it on a pavillion roof last February. When the Rec Dept finally gets it down out of the South Louisiana sun, as they promised, it ought to be interesting regarding the performance hindering reactions. I'm thinking, no way he can throw it on the roof from here, but he did.

I used to leave mine in my car till last summer. My friend left his in his car and the temp apparently got hot enough in there to cause his bug spray to go off. It coated his discs and the resulting heat/bugspray soup warped/melted about half of his bag of discs.

I bring mine in now lol

Latest posts