• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Leave bag in the hot car?

Hot FLX plastic feels like Silly Putty...and I guess if you've got an FLX putter, you could literally "Silly Putt!"

Is that one of those "You know its hot when..." jokes?

When your putter drips off the chains...

Question...if any of your putter drips out of the basket is it a stroke? ;)

I found a Star Driver the other day with no name on it so I decided to give it a shot and I believe the weather has made it way overstable. I wish I knew what kind of disc it is... The ink is faded pretty bad but I'm sure the seasons took its effect on the performance. maybe not, not sure how it flew from the start being I still need to identify the driver.

I have read that too, people finding discs in lakes and having them fly amazing...or the other way around.

Apparently champion gets better with the elements...I buried an orc under our gutter drain to see...why not, cant throw it anyways. ;)

I found a Star Driver the other day with no name on it so I decided to give it a shot and I believe the weather has made it way overstable. I wish I knew what kind of disc it is... The ink is faded pretty bad but I'm sure the seasons took its effect on the performance. maybe not, not sure how it flew from the start being I still need to identify the driver.

Snap some photos of the disc and post'em. :cool:

i have left putters in the car that over time, 2 years of always being the backup, discolored and warped. all the warped ones were dx plastic (not sure if that was why)

this has been my experience as well, the only discs that have actually warped were dx/pro-d plastics.

i noticed that champ plastic smells like wherever they were left (i.e. a lake)

oh yes, I've found several of these in Freeman Lake, not a pleasant smell. Doesn't wash off very easy either!...

I've seen soft magnets get pretty warped from being left in cars, so I just bring mine in once it starts getting hot enough.

Apparently champion gets better with the elements...I buried an orc under our gutter drain to see...why not, cant throw it anyways. ;)

Hee hee. I actually have a DX Orc buried under the leaves next to my front porch. Found it and called the owner, who said he was out of town at the time but would probably play ERP again when he got back. Since I live across the street, told him how to find the house and that I'd put it in a concealed but readily accessible spot next to the porch. That was two and a half years ago.

If it were anything I could actually throw, I'd have been tempted to dig it up after six months or so, but I figure if I can't throw a freakin' Archangel I have no hope with that.

I know what you mean. I live in Texas and left my Blowfly in the truck. Needless to say, warped rubber doesn't fly very straight.

I normally leave my bag in the garage which stays realtively cool even in the hot summer months. However, this summer I have been on the road a lot and been leaving it in my trunk. The discs feel all gummy when I first start throwing them. I don't think I will make a habit of leaving them out there when it gets hotter.

I used to take my discs in the house when I finished a round for fear that they might warp. However, I once got all the way to one of my favorite parks (about a 30 min drive) to realize that i had left my discs at home. Since then I have left them in the car. Its been a couple years and I have not noticed any warping or change in flight due to heat, but I do make sure my back is zipped up as to avoid direct sunlight.

...I once got all the way to one of my favorite parks (about a 30 min drive) to realize that i had left my discs at home.

I did the exact same thing not too long ago...made the 45-minute drive to an awesome course in the area, only to realize NO DISCS!!! My wife let me use hers, which was a bad idea for both of us--I can't throw her lighter discs well at all, and although I took her up on the offer, she regretted it when I got some tree rejection, straight into a 20-foot deep pond. Oops! The next time I forget my discs, I'll probably be SOL since I don't think she trusts me with hers anymore.

I did the exact same thing not too long ago...made the 45-minute drive to an awesome course in the area, only to realize NO DISCS!!! My wife let me use hers, which was a bad idea for both of us--I can't throw her lighter discs well at all, and although I took her up on the offer, she regretted it when I got some tree rejection, straight into a 20-foot deep pond. Oops! The next time I forget my discs, I'll probably be SOL since I don't think she trusts me with hers anymore.

did you at least buy her a new one so she didnt lose any?

I used to take my discs in the house when I finished a round for fear that they might warp. However, I once got all the way to one of my favorite parks (about a 30 min drive) to realize that i had left my discs at home.

I have had so many dreams of doing just this that I just leave mine in the car. I notice that they're gummy in the beginning right out of the car, but certainly not melty or have any type of indention. Of course, I'm up in the Northeast, so we don't have quite as hot of summers as some places.

did you at least buy her a new one so she didnt lose any?

Ha-ha...yeah, I offered to, but she just replied that I can't get her one "just like" the one I lost, so she doesn't want a replacement. I'm sure she'll need a new disc eventually, so when that need arises, my wallet will respond in kind.