• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Leave the trees alone!!

Spatula Cornroll

Eagle Member
Playing at the Technical College here in BG, I noticed that someone took it upon themselves to cut down a growing oak tree because it was in "their" way. Needless to say, I was less that pleased to see this. Who the hell do some people think they are?? Leave the trees alone, they are there for a reason. Stupid noob, 12 pack jerkoffs.

good venting dude. at my home course there are entire trees that rampaging noob mongers have taken down. what are your thoughts on trees or layouts that are naturally changed following a storm or natural disaster? repair or leave it?

Chat happens too much. DB's ruin it for everybody. :mad:

good venting dude. at my home course there are entire trees that rampaging noob mongers have taken down. what are your thoughts on trees or layouts that are naturally changed following a storm or natural disaster? repair or leave it?

If it's something unique that doesn't cause a hazard or isn't detrimental to the course in anyway, I say leave it.

Otherwise, take it out.

I've seen some really cool holes where a tree has fallen, creating a "window" to hit.

I hate to see a tree fall from weather or death that really "made" that particular hole. Best thing to do in my opinion would be to plant a new tree in it's spot. But then some other backwards idiot would just rip it out of the ground.

The tree in question was one that really forced you to play around it. once the tree had grown, it would have been a really cool hole. But now, thanks to the hillbilly jerkoff with an axe, there is just a poorly hacked nub.

Sorry. I hit that tree with my boss and it chopped it down in one stroke. That's one sharp disk!

Just hang a PVC pipe in the place of the tree...
a0d24010.jpg

Same thing happened here, so they put the pipe in the way. The hole would be really easy if that wasn't there.

I know, not exactly a the best way to replace a tree, especially if multiple branches were in the way, but it worked here.

Last edited:
I hate when people screw up good obstacles. This year I've seen probably 5+ trees downed on my local course, couple which were very good obstacles... :(

Natural tree falls are OK unless it effects the safety on the main path. I think natural tree debris or small stuff can be removed and I'm not talking about 'live' natural small stuff <it stays! PVC or unnatural alternatives seems to me to be.......not right. Nature happens, courses change but jackasses need to be learnt.

Playing at the Technical College here in BG, I noticed that someone took it upon themselves to cut down a growing oak tree because it was in "their" way. Needless to say, I was less that pleased to see this. Who the hell do some people think they are?? Leave the trees alone, they are there for a reason. Stupid noob, 12 pack jerkoffs.

They probably just put it to the side with all the rest of the trees that were never cleared. Funny that they cut the one on number 9 and not the one on 18.

Who the hell do some people think they are??

Some people think they're God. Some others think they're a law unto themselves. To these groups, the reality of having to live in human society is just an inconvenience that should be violated whenever they can get away with it. Occasionally they do it just for the pleasure of the spiteful violation. Short of setting up motion-sensing video cameras or hiring rent-a-cops for your park, there is probably no way to catch or prosecute them. On the other hand, you could do like the hippies did with the logging industry and spike the trees. It wouldn't exactly be healthy for the trees and the douchebags could still kill the trees with handsaws, but it might make you feel better.

Natural tree falls are OK unless it effects the safety on the main path. I think natural tree debris or small stuff can be removed and I'm not talking about 'live' natural small stuff <it stays! PVC or unnatural alternatives seems to me to be.......not right. Nature happens, courses change but jackasses need to be learnt.

Watched a tree fall in front of us during a windstorm this past weekend. It was a pretty good sized on, and made quite the ruckus. We all just stood on the tee-pad, mouths open wondering if we just saw that happen.

Then we decided it would've been just epic if one of our drives had hit the tree at exactly the right moment...

out at one of my courses the parks department comes out and cuts down the ones that 'pose a risk of falling on someone'...those that have played eagle ridge in oswego in years past, know its nothing like it is now.

Are you sure that the tree wasn't sick or damaged in some way that taking ti down was the idea of prak management as opposed to other golfers?

One substitute for a proper tree is used occasionally at one nearby park with good success. They use a great big post hole digger to make a nice, deep hole and insert the trunk of a good sized dead tree (lots of those around here). A bit of tamping down to secure things is all it takes. The trunk will stand for years and years. This makes a nice option for filling gaps and creating risk. Positions near tee pads are particularly good since those close-in spots aren't healthy for live trees, let alone transplants. Nicest thing is, the cranks who break things don't have a chance with these.

Joe

Watched a tree fall in front of us during a windstorm this past weekend. It was a pretty good sized on, and made quite the ruckus. We all just stood on the tee-pad, mouths open wondering if we just saw that happen.

Then we decided it would've been just epic if one of our drives had hit the tree at exactly the right moment...

Where were you at?