• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ledgestone 2017

He's paid for his crime. He has met (and continues to meet) his legal obligations, and he seems to be working hard to make the most of his second chance. (By way of contrast, Bradley Williams totally blew his second chance(s).) if Anthon keeps clean and keeps doing well, he makes a good redemption story as well as a strong player for someone to sponsor.

Playing good disc golf is not redemption for killing a man and fleeing the scene.

Playing good disc golf is not redemption for killing a man and fleeing the scene.

What if we change the word to rehabilitation? Our prison-industrial complex, which people are getting FILTHY rich off of, allows peopl to not have to imagine how we integrate folks back into society following prison sentences. Had he been charged with murder (whether or not the facts support a "beyond reasonable doubt" conviction*), we could have just locked him up and thrown away the key! Problem solved!

* What he should have been tried for, or what some folks would have wanted him to be tried for isn't the same as what the prosecutor feels he/she can get a conviction for.

What if we change the word to rehabilitation? Our prison-industrial complex, which people are getting FILTHY rich off of, allows peopl to not have to imagine how we integrate folks back into society following prison sentences. Had he been charged with murder (whether or not the facts support a "beyond reasonable doubt" conviction*), we could have just locked him up and thrown away the key! Problem solved!

* What he should have been tried for, or what some folks would have wanted him to be tried for isn't the same as what the prosecutor feels he/she can get a conviction for.

He was charged with murder, he plead down to hit and run. Plea deals are to speed up the court process.

Way to go taking Josh's moment making the announcement how he wanted to. You just couldn't help yourself huh?

u suk

That is funny. Cause like I said. I didn't break the news. JPoole did in his post about team Innova players. But... believe what you want.

And JPoole didn't even break it, publicly at least.

The group is a secret group and that's where it's posted. Josh isn't even tagged in the post, which means he likely isn't even in the group yet.

I'm guessing (well, I'm 99% sure because Discraft's group is only team members and Discraft employees) that someone from within the group screen shotted it and there's your leak.

But isn't that John's job? To find interesting disc golf news and cover it? I'm so confused.

First of all, yes Josh is back on Team Innova. I have known since the beginning of the weekend and was playing coy in my last post as it wasn't my news to share. But I think that the cat is out of the bag with JPoole's post. Terry has an interview with him from the weekend that he will probably release too.

We are going to try and have him on the podcast this Tuesday as well.

I did find it funny during the live broadcast all the chatters that were saying there was 0% chance that anyone would ever pick him up, especially Innova.

So... there is that. Good for him, and good for Innova.
You obviously knew better. And yout know it was a douchey move... and now you're reaching to justify it now.

You should conduct yourself with more professionalism.

Similar, in that all aspects of the game need to be dialed in really well to have a 1000-rated round.

We could speculate about any remaining small differences, depending on what comparison you are thinking of. Do you mean:
the difference between the courses they played, or
the difference between a 950-ish rated FPO player vs. a 950-ish MPO player, or
some subtle ratings calculation that would be different in a field that averaged 905 vs. 985?​

Just again..trying to understand the rating system. One thing that I would like 100% clarity on, at Ledgestone based on what I've read the FPO division was not rated against anything the MPO division did, is that correct? If so...then moving forward why wouldn't the FPO division always be rated in this way? Regardless if they did or did not play the same course/layout, as the MPO field? Thx for the comments btw, much appreciated.

Prosecutors aren't going to plead down a murder case to hit-and-run if they believe that is the correct charge and/or think they have a case. Just give up, you aren't going to change anyone's mind on this forum. If you feel like an injustice was done, get your sanctimonious ass out there with a picket sign, or STFU.

Prosecutors aren't going to plead down a murder case to hit-and-run if they believe that is the correct charge and/or think they have a case. Just give up, you aren't going to change anyone's mind on this forum. If you feel like an injustice was done, get your sanctimonious ass out there with a picket sign, or STFU.

California has a notorious backlog in their court system. With no video, it was the RV's word vs the other families word. That's going to be a lengthy trial, and California doesn't have the luxury of unlimited court dates. If Josh had thought he was innocent of murder, he wouldn't have accepted the plea deal and would've taken it to a jury.

Massive Backlog In California Courts Leading To Long Delays

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...c-cases-contra-costa-county-martinez-justice/

And JPoole didn't even break it, publicly at least.

The group is a secret group and that's where it's posted. Josh isn't even tagged in the post, which means he likely isn't even in the group yet.

I'm guessing (well, I'm 99% sure because Discraft's group is only team members and Discraft employees) that someone from within the group screen shotted it and there's your leak.

Innova put out a statement today that said they will prosecute all leakers to the full extent of the law. Be warned!

First of all, yes Josh is back on Team Innova. I have known since the beginning of the weekend and was playing coy in my last post as it wasn't my news to share. But I think that the cat is out of the bag with JPoole's post. Terry has an interview with him from the weekend that he will probably release too.

We are going to try and have him on the podcast this Tuesday as well.

I did find it funny during the live broadcast all the chatters that were saying there was 0% chance that anyone would ever pick him up, especially Innova.

So... there is that. Good for him, and good for Innova.

I was one saying he will be back with Innova in the chat on Saturday and Sunday. Screen name 1chshock. I knew it! Good for him

Last edited:
Just again..trying to understand the rating system. One thing that I would like 100% clarity on, at Ledgestone based on what I've read the FPO division was not rated against anything the MPO division did, is that correct? If so...then moving forward why wouldn't the FPO division always be rated in this way? Regardless if they did or did not play the same course/layout, as the MPO field? Thx for the comments btw, much appreciated.

As I understand it, ratings are based on everyone else who played the same courses no matter the division - to get as much data as possible. Nothing that happens on a course a player doesn't play can affect that player's rating. I think. For more details, post in another thread and you'll get answers from a real ratings expert.

I'm excited that we may have a 3 person battle at many upcoming events when you throw Josh in the mix. His skill set is pretty amazing.

Well, Ricky and Paul are going to have to step up their games to get competitive with Josh(!).

BTW, Nate Doss is playing some good golf these days. Dunno what is in that beer he and Val are brewing, but both are kicking butt these days...

Lines going up (from left to right) indicate the player is playing better than what their rating says they should play. Lines going down indicate they are not playing as well as their rating.

The actual final score is at the right edge of the chart (after 72 holes).

attachment.php

Attachments

• LIS2017Tracks.jpg
    LIS2017Tracks.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 270
I am guessing you mean you are hoping they go back to two courses at Ledgestone in particular, but the MPO at LIS Open was not on the golf course, it was the Lake Eureka temp course.

Several big MPO tournaments have been played on only one course. I didn't think it was a joke at the WACO, Jonesboro Open, Nick Hyde, Konepiste Open, Euro Open, or Utah Open. And Utah Open was on a converted golf course. I don't think it'll be a joke playing one course at Idlewild, the Pittsburgh FDO or at The Vibram either. I get that it's just personal preference to some people, but it's clearly not everyone's.

Yes, the joke comment was in reference to the golf course used during the Memorial, not in regards to tournaments using one course. All the courses you've listed I do not think were a joke, and I actually like the one course per tournament set up as well (although multiple pins which change landing zones/upshot angles are bonus points, a la USDGC). I apologize for how my first post came off, I hadn't actually caught up with the thread but thought your comment was more that pretty much all tournaments were using one course/that was the way for all tournaments to go and I was kinda like "whaaa?". My bad.

I see you changed the word form "Execution" to "Precision". Great to see someone take criticism so well.

Not sure if this was sarcastic or genuine, but I agree in the genuine, it is nice to see that. However, I would have liked to have seen an update note which said an earlier version of this article used a poor word choice or something to that affect. Not really a big deal in this case, but I feel like whenever a journalistic article is updated after public publication, it needs that disclaimer so people are aware of what happened and how it has been altered initially.

can anyone cite examples from other sports of players actually going through the penal system and coming out to return to the top of their games?

While not necessarily jail time, Adrian Peterson and Ray Lewis both spring to mind.

Also, I think it's important for everyone who thinks "Oh, well he took a plea so he admitted guilt" that he never admitted guilt. A no contest plea (Nolo Contendere in Latin) basically means that you're not admitting guilt, just that you aren't going to bother going through a trial and will accept some sort of light punishment in exchange for not bothering to go through a trial and saving the prosecutor and government a boatload of cash, which is why they take it. You can think of plenty of reasons Anthon would take it, from not being able to afford a good attorney to not wanting to risk further jail time to knowing he did mess up but didn't mean to kill someone and so will take the light sentence etc. It also helps prevent any civil cases against him from leaning on a guilty conviction in a criminal case.

Latest posts