• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ledgestone 2017

If I recall correctly; Excals, Wraiths, Roadrunners, Firebirds, Eagles, Leopards, Rocs, KC Aviars, but I think he putts with Classics.

Could very well have changed by now.

Edit: didn't CCDG do an ITB with him?

And its not like he had his name on the DESTROYER

What is the weak spot on Prodigy baskets then, or for that matter, any that has some cross-chain setup to make cut throughs basically impossible? IIRC from the previous time this flared up when Ricky got spitbacks, it is high soft putts and side putts or some such. But IMO those are non-ideal hits. I would much rather make the dead center area as 100% reliable as possible, and to hell with all the rest (high, side, noseup nosedown). Then you would only need to worry about hitting it where it matters.

In any case, cant really replace every basket everywhere with those. And anything PDGA legal for appropriate tournament level, pros should be prepared to handle. But again, dont say certain type will be the minimum and then run an event that uses other basket types. Yeah, they are all the same for all players still, but poor form.

If I recall correctly; Excals, Wraiths, Roadrunners, Firebirds, Eagles, Leopards, Rocs, KC Aviars, but I think he putts with Classics.

Could very well have changed by now.
He bags a RocX3 and an Aviar3. I think that info came from Paul McBeth in one of the Jomez videos.

Chains a problem you say?

cfb70e45.jpg

Shameless plug

If you had any questions about Josh Anthon, we talked to him for a good 45 min last night on the podcast. He answered many questions that have been brought up on this very board. I feel like it is a quality interview that you may be inclined to talk about and learn a bit more about Josh.

Here is the link to last night's show.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUkPnI1aRDo

PS. I AM 6'-6". GIANT JON! (said in Rick's voice from Rick & Morty).

When you putt at 50mph, you shouldn't be surprised to hit dead center and see the disc coming back toward you. I'm hesitant to call these spit-outs. More like a bounce-back to me...

If you thought the baskets were an issue, you aren't alone. This was issued by the DGPT yesterday. It's a good read and I'm glad they addressed the issue. In this day and age, far to many people are just not willing to admit when they were wrong.

https://www.dgpt.com/news/pro-tour-basket-standard

Pro Tour Basket Standard
AUGUST 8, 2017

A touring player recently asked us, "Why make a standard and let it go by the wayside in two events this year?"

The short answer: So that events know the Pro Tour's expectations.

The long answer: To increase the consistency across Pro Tour events. The basket used to be one aspect of the course rating and to meet this criteria, events must utilize approved baskets. Four events (Waco, Jonesboro, Idlewild & GMC) decided to upgrade their baskets. This is the positive side of things. One event (Nick Hyde) partially upgraded their baskets (to 24 chain Discatchers). The Memorial upgraded the baskets on one of the three courses and the Ledgestone asked for a waiver.

The Ledgestone Insurance Open presented by Discraft: This event asked for a waiver to utilize their St Jude powder coated Chainstar baskets. The argument was that these baskets are used to raise money for St Jude via the raffle and the event wanted to showcase them during the event. The event made it clear that I could have pushed and had them use the Pro Tour's Mach X baskets but I made the decision to grant the waiver.

Over the past several years, these baskets have been the centerpiece in raising well over $70,000 for St Jude. Winning a basket that was used in a National Tour or Pro Tour event is pretty cool. I did not want to take away any of the shine of winning one of these baskets.

In retrospect, I made the wrong call. There would have been other ways to raffle off these baskets and still make them special. Additionally, while the St Jude aspect to the event is fantastic, it is not the centerpiece. The centerpiece is the competition of all of the players. I should not have detracted from this competition and the lesson has been duly learned.

I do not want to rely on the concept of "growing pains" but this is exactly what this situation is. I have talked with Discraft and they have a solution in the works. I have talked with the touring pros and apologized for making this error. Going forward, every Pro Tour event will be played on Pro Tour approved baskets. The Pro Tour Basket Standard is no longer a criteria events will be rated on, it is now necessary to meet the standard in order to host a Pro Tour event.

Note: I fully expect that the number of approved Pro Tour baskets will increase during the off-season. Additionally, we will be working to develop new testable catching standards for all baskets that meet the PDGA Championship approval to see what baskets are approved for the Pro Tour in the future.

Note: In full disclosure, Discraft is a premier partner of the Pro Tour. In 2016, they were the first disc golf company to partner with us. Hopefully we are able to present and discuss this topic in an honest way while respecting the support and trust that Discraft puts in us.
Here's the text from the dgpt

I'd love to see a compilation of all MPO missed putts from Ledgestone this year (including Jomez, CCDG, and Prodigy). I don't have the skills or time to do it. But it would be interesting to see. I think the vast majority of good putts stuck, but there were a couple that seemed unacceptable.

Enjoyed the interview. Are you doubling down on the Innova thing or do you know believe he isn't on the team yet?

I personally think he is getting some sort of Innova sponsorship (discs and clothing probably), but neither side is willing to say that he is officially on the team as of now.

I'd love to see a compilation of all MPO missed putts from Ledgestone this year (including Jomez, CCDG, and Prodigy). I don't have the skills or time to do it. But it would be interesting to see. I think the vast majority of good putts stuck, but there were a couple that seemed unacceptable.

Based on Ace Race data, I calculated that the area where a disc hits any part of a target is generally about 7 or 8 times as large as the area where the disc will stay in the target. Take that into account when computing the number of "good" putts.

First of all, yes Josh is back on Team Innova. I have known since the beginning of the weekend and was playing coy in my last post as it wasn't my news to share. But I think that the cat is out of the bag with JPoole's post. Terry has an interview with him from the weekend that he will probably release too.

We are going to try and have him on the podcast this Tuesday as well.

I did find it funny during the live broadcast all the chatters that were saying there was 0% chance that anyone would ever pick him up, especially Innova.

So... there is that. Good for him, and good for Innova.

For those that don't want to wade through a four hour pod cast:
53:15 Josh clearly states he is not on the Innova Team.
53:25 JV asks rambling question that starts with: "So right now, you are not officially on the Innova team?" and goes on about how everyone on internet thought he was on the team. JV then asks super leading question and tries to get Josh to admit he is somehow unofficially on the team. And Josh basically states he hopes to get "back on the team".

JV, believe it or not, you are now a trusted journalist and you are considered a reliable source of accurate disc golf information. Instead of printing a retraction, you decide to post this:

I personally think he is getting some sort of Innova sponsorship (discs and clothing probably), but neither side is willing to say that he is officially on the team as of now.

So instead of giving us a retraction, you continue to assert you think he is on the team, but you can't get anyone to admit it. There is a big difference between a player getting shirts and discs from a company and being an official team member. Your statement above is no different than a reporter drawing conclusions on the guilt or innocence of a celebrity.

Reporter: "There are plenty of stories out there that so-and-so date-raped a bunch of women at work. So-and-so denies the allegations and so does his employer. However, since there are so many stories, I personally think he is guilty." :wall:

What a scoop you gave us....

For those that don't want to wade through a four hour pod cast:
53:15 Josh clearly states he is not on the Innova Team.
53:25 JV asks rambling question that starts with: "So right now, you are not officially on the Innova team?" and goes on about how everyone on internet thought he was on the team. JV then asks super leading question and tries to get Josh to admit he is somehow unofficially on the team. And Josh basically states he hopes to get "back on the team".

Suzette,

You clearly are in the know at Innova.

I know for a fact that Innova team members have a secret group on facebook. I also know for a fact that the imagine shown on this website is the correct group.

I am friends with JPoole on facebook. The post was 100% from his account.

So.....

This is either an elaborate prank by someone with excellent photoshop skills that is also in the know about the group name or you for some reason you aren't aware he is on Innova again (which I doubt) or you are simply saying that nothing is official.

No matter what, I would hope this does not come back and bite you.

I don't think attacking JV for this is fair.

If you want to be mad at someone, be mad at someone from Innova who didn't respect the privacy of the team group, not the journalist for asking a completely fair question.

Last edited:
Suzette,

You clearly are in the know at Innova.

I know for a fact that Innova team members have a secret group on facebook. I also know for a fact that the imagine shown on this website is the correct group.

I am friends with JPoole on facebook. The post was 100% from his account.

So.....

This is either an elaborate prank by someone with excellent photoshop skills that is also in the know about the group name or you for some reason you aren't aware he is on Innova again (which I doubt) or you are simply saying that nothing is official.

No matter what, I would hope this does not come back and bite you.

I don't think attacking JV for this is fair.

If you want to be mad at someone, be mad at someone from Innova who didn't respect the privacy of the team group, not the journalist for asking a completely fair question.

JV said he KNEW Josh was on the team last week! That statement had absolutely nothing to do with the Facebook screenshot.

Latest posts