• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] Legacy Discs 5th Release "The Ghost"

Supreme Flight has restocked a couple times today on First Run Protege Ghosts, $14 each. Anyone else thrown these yet? I ordered a pink and white because they appear to be the most stable from Facebook comments. I'm wondering how domey they are going to be. I don't traditionally like domey mids but I'm throwing my domey Icon ghost really well lately.

They are domey like icon, i have been throwing mine for 2 and a half weeks now and it has shown no sign of breaking in yet, threw it many times this weekend in a tournament and it held its line in some moderate winds very well.. These are by far the best Ghosts Legacy has made, eventually when this blue one beats in enough i hope to replace my gravity ghosts that are beat to flippy.

They have a good feel to them that snaps out of the hand reliably and clean.

Good, that's what I want to hear. Hoping these break in nice and slowly so I can start rotating them. Icon/pinnacle break in too slowly, gravity and excel too quickly. I could just throw KC Rocs again, but what's the fun in that?

Well I can say I'm definitely a fan of the Protege Ghost. This blend is amazing and will become a staple in the bag.. It's durable, has amazing glide and feels great in the hand. Out of the 12 that I bought only two were 176g. Every other disc was 177-179g.

Do these start out the same stability as Excel and just wear slower or are they noticeably more OS?

They are way more OS to begin with out of the box. Being an old Roc thrower....I would say that these Ghosts have the stability of an old 8x fresh Roc. You can snap the living hell out of them and they have a great forward fade. They also have amazing glide. I threw one at 75% power, low-maybe 10 feet off the ground and it was a bad throw and it made it out to 300 easily...I then threw it on a power throw just to test it out and got a great throw on it and pushed it out over 330'. I haven't really put it through my range of tests yet as I just got them on Tuesday. I have a nice doubles tournament this weekend. I'm going to put the new Ghost and Nemesis through the ringer and see how they fare in the woods.

I got a text from a damn good dude with that info and took their last 2 pinks. Also snagged the last pinks Supreme Flight had. Thank you for the kindness though! Can't wait to get these in the air.

Marin Disc Sports has 173-175g yellows in stock.

images

Yellows from what i've heard are a touch less OS than the rest, but i can't confirm for sure because i dont have any yellows.

I own hot pink, blue and white.. they all fly very similar, the hot pinks have maybe a touch more beef and begin fading a little earlier.

My favorite one so far is the blues, maybe because that was the first color i got and have been throwing it a few weeks longer than the rest but its money.

glad i stocked up fat while they were available >=] although im sure the production runs will be just as good.

From what I saw across the board, the yellows were the only ones in lighter weights, so that might explain them being less OS. I have one coming so can report in.

I have a yellow and it is 175g. All the other colors go up in weight. Yellow the lightest, white and blue comes second, and then pink. Pink being the heaviest. I have a white 179g in the bag and it flies amazing. When they came out I bought 12 of them, 5 pink, 5 white and 2 blues. Out of the 12, I have two that are 176g. The rest range from 177-180g.

Got my 178g white and 177g pink in the mail yesterday afternoon. They are much less domey than I was expecting from pictures and descriptions. The pink has a nice, moderate dome and a slightly higher PLH than the white. The white has a lower shoulder and lower dome overall, it's a little more of a "pop-top" type of dome where it flattens out near the edge of the disc. The white feels a little better in hand. It feels basically identical to the first 11X KC Roc I ever had.

The plastic feels fantastic, can't wait to throw these.

Got my 178g white and 177g pink in the mail yesterday afternoon. They are much less domey than I was expecting from pictures and descriptions. The pink has a nice, moderate dome and a slightly higher PLH than the white. The white has a lower shoulder and lower dome overall, it's a little more of a "pop-top" type of dome where it flattens out near the edge of the disc. The white feels a little better in hand. It feels basically identical to the first 11X KC Roc I ever had.

The plastic feels fantastic, can't wait to throw these.

How does it feel vs. Fossil plastic?

How does it feel vs. Fossil plastic?

Very similar feel, but much more flexible. I feel like Fossil is closer to the old 9X or 10X plastic, which were hard and bulletproof in my experience. The plastic was really resistant to cuts and chunks, even though it was so hard.

The Protege feels like a dead ringer for the first 11X KC Roc I ever got, which was much more flexible than my 10X but almost as bulletproof. Of course I'm talking about a pretty small sample size overall, so YMMV.

Very similar feel, but much more flexible. I feel like Fossil is closer to the old 9X or 10X plastic, which were hard and bulletproof in my experience. The plastic was really resistant to cuts and chunks, even though it was so hard.

The Protege feels like a dead ringer for the first 11X KC Roc I ever got, which was much more flexible than my 10X but almost as bulletproof. Of course I'm talking about a pretty small sample size overall, so YMMV.

Sounds fantastic :clap:
My inner old-school Roc fandom is getting excited again. I've been so close to pulling the trigger every time these are available

I bought a bunch at release thinking i would sell a few of them off, but i like them so much they are all going into backup storage instead. I don't see many people selling these, lots of people looking for them on FB, but not many selling.. what does that tell you? :cool: