• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] Legacy's 6th release the RIVAL, its coming

Pinnacle is very nice. It is harder but softens up and starts to flex a bit as long as it's not sub-35 out. I love it.

I've been throwing my 173 legacy pinnacle rival a lot for about two weeks. I have been a star and champ teebird thrower for over a year and loved them (yes I know I am crazy to change) but I figure innova, as amazing a company as it is, gets enough support without me and I would like to support legacy if I can. The rival and patriot seemed like they might do well for me. I throw teebirds 300-350 for reference. Pinnacle is stiff just as I like it, maybe a little more than champion, and it is very grippy and extremely pearly and beautiful. To my suprise the rival has an identical wing shape to a teebird but has a flatter top than any of my 4 champ and 2 star teebirds. The wing height/parting line height of my rival is a little higher than 5 of my teebirds and equal to my most overstable champ. My rival flies just as my most overstable champ teebird does. I can throw it flat and 90% power and it will sail out flat, not turn and fade pretty solidly. It flies the same distance as my teebirds. I have nothing bad to say about my rival except I wish I had bought some sooner so I would have a worn in one by now. I can't wait to try out a patriot.

You should try a Pinnacle Patriot and Icon Rival. They are both really nice discs. The Icon will be a little less overstable than the Pinnacle, and Pinnacle Patriots are just butter. They fly incredibly straight and hold anhyzers really well.

pinnacle patriot is what i'm hoping will beat to straight with no fade, but i have a feeling it won't. right now i'm with you, ted. sounds like we've got very similar discs. my pinnacle rival is straight with fade - i'm tempted to beat it against a tree/chains and see if the high speed stability goes before the low speed - i hope it doesn't. i need something that flies just like my axis and opto pure . . . straight. maybe the icon rival would do it; i dunno.

always looking for that mythical straight shot on a flat release.

I am very confident that my Pinnacle will beat into dead straight with no fade. I can already get very little fade if I really rip on it, so I think it is a matter of time until it gets beat to that state.

I am very confident that my Pinnacle will beat into dead straight with no fade. I can already get very little fade if I really rip on it, so I think it is a matter of time until it gets beat to that state.

hope so. :) right now i really can barely get it out to 350; has to be a really good rip. straight, then dumps. i like it, but right now it's more of a windfighter - think i said it in the other thread, haha.

i wish more people had beaten in heavy pinnacle rivals to talk about. i know earlier they said there was some high speed turn more like an eagle, but i think they may have been talking about the icon . . .

pinnacle patriot is what i'm hoping will beat to straight with no fade, but i have a feeling it won't. right now i'm with you, ted. sounds like we've got very similar discs. my pinnacle rival is straight with fade - i'm tempted to beat it against a tree/chains and see if the high speed stability goes before the low speed - i hope it doesn't. i need something that flies just like my axis and opto pure . . . straight. maybe the icon rival would do it; i dunno.

If you're not playing in the tightest of woods I think your straight-with-fade rival is ideal. If you really need to throw a long shot that won't fade check out this video, start at about 25:25
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKlRdqwGwk4

Watch Steve Rico's shot to see him throw his icon patriot 369 feet with hyzer a little up the left side and have it flip up and fly straight until it lands. I'm not Steve Rico so my future patriot will probably fly shorter and hyzer or anyhyzer a little too much (among other errors) when I hyzer flip it but I think it's probably a good disc for that shot.

I saw that live and it was damn impressive.
I can get my Patriot out to 400ish but it takes a big ole S curve haha. I normally throw a Sidewinder on that hole for a little bit extra distance on that straight line.
Anywho... the Icon patriots (which Steve threw there) break in to be pretty understable. I think Pinnacles will break in to be straighter.

Some sweet Skullboy Excel Rivals to be had HERE

Only $10, who can say no?

It does! Mine flies super straight on a rope with no fade when released flat and not too high.:)

Neither did I. Any idea of how they fly? Plastic better than DX?
I think legacy could really corner the fairway market if they start making the flat top rivals they've been running, in protege. The rival is already my favorite fairway mold and it would be crazy cool to have a hard, seasonable plastic to throw for that slot.

Until then....rival and patriot duo is doing fine ;)

Neither did I. Any idea of how they fly? Plastic better than DX?
I think legacy could really corner the fairway market if they start making the flat top rivals they've been running, in protege. The rival is already my favorite fairway mold and it would be crazy cool to have a hard, seasonable plastic to throw for that slot.

Until then....rival and patriot duo is doing fine ;)

So protégé ~= KC Pro Plastic???

If so, they NEED to make Ghosts, Rivals and Patriots in it.

So protégé ~= KC Pro Plastic???

If so, they NEED to make Ghosts, Rivals and Patriots in it.

Apparently there is some ghosts out in it already. I WANT to love the ghost but its not the same as a roc. They don't start off over stable enough for me to cycle.

does anyone have a Legend plastic Rival? are they flat like the pinnacles and sparkles?

does anyone have a Legend plastic Rival? are they flat like the pinnacles and sparkles?

My Legends have a little more dome than my Pinnacles and Icons; my sparkle has a slight dome to it - about the same as the Legend.

My blue worlds sparkle is what I would consider "domey"
My gold sparkle is fairly flat and icon is the flattest.

Yet to hold a true legend line but I would love to have one like my legend patriot.

Latest posts