• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Leopard Teebird Valkyrie... Pick 2

Combination

• Leopard & TeeBird

Votes: 81 61.4%
  • Leopard & Valkyrie

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • TeeBird & Valkyrie

Votes: 41 31.1%

• Total voters
This sounds good to me unless all the courses are wooded and short. What bag only holds four discs.. Can get five easy in a Nutsac.
That's where the putter comes in. If it's short and wooded, I'm most likely throwing an Opto Pure or Wizard.

Teebird - Valkyrie

Teebird and Leopard overlap more than T/V or L/V. I would like a stable/over stable fairway, which could FH, OH as well. A stable/under stable control driver would pair well.

Teebird for control, Valk for distance. I'm probably throwing my mid and putter more than either anyway.

Depends on plastics too.

Not a lot of lines that you couldn't hit with a Champ TB, or even better a Brinster, and a Pro Leo.

Say you're putting together a 4-disc bag, you have your favorite putter and midrange, for the remaining 2 discs you must choose between a leopard, teebird, and valkyrie, what do you choose and why?

Wait just a minute. I carry all three of these discs in my bag so I never have to choose. If you made me carry four discs, I would drop the midrange and keep the putter with the Leopard, TeeBird and Valkyrie.

why? you could just use beat tbirds and valks to cover a leo spot.. plus the mid would provide way more control over 3 different drivers and easier to throw than a putter.

No mid huh? interesting....

I'll take a dx teebird and a premium tee bird. Just havent throw leopards or valks in a long while.

why? you could just use beat tbirds and valks to cover a leo spot.. plus the mid would provide way more control over 3 different drivers and easier to throw than a putter.

No mid huh? interesting....

If you honestly care, my putter is already the most used "mid-range" in my bag. For me, putters are much easier to throw than a mid and actually provide more control. For this reason, I disagree that: "mids are easier to throw than a putter".

I voted Leopard and TeeBird in the poll because they can cover nearly every shot off the tee and from the fairway.

I also disagree about using "beat TBirds and Valks to cover a Leo spot". I mostly throw these discs in Champion and Star plastic, so they don't tend to "beat in" or change a whole lot over time. While a Leopard or TeeBird may be able to cover my Valk spot - the Leopard could never replace my TeeBird - and the TeeBird could never replace my Leopard. I want my TeeBirds to fade at the end of the flight and I count on them to handle headwinds. For this reason, I don't like to throw seasoned TeeBirds. I can also power down my Leopard for deadly accuracy on long approaches, so my Leopard also doubles as a long mid-range.

Since I am not going to be disc golfing without my putter, Leopard and TeeBird, I am left with the choice of a mid-range disc or my trusty 5x JK Valk. Since the putter and Leopard can handle the approach game, I will choose the Valk for all out distance with accuracy.

AFTC, What is your real name? You are welcome to answer via PM if you don't want to share with everyone. I promise I won't tell.

Last edited:
I never really clicked with Leopards. Teebird Valk for me.

This_gif.gif

I voted TeeBird & Leopard. I recommend a Champ TeeBird & Pro Leopard.
I could just as easily say DX TeeBird & Champ TeeBird depending on the mid you choose.

Looks like Teebird consistently makes the cut, I guess that speaks to its versatility.

Looks like Teebird consistently makes the cut, I guess that speaks to its versatility.

It is a versatile disc, that's true. The poll asked for 2, and you really need a stable disc, and an understable one to make a good pair. That's why the Teebird is esssential in this particular poll.

yeah OR that innova doesnt care about consistency and everyone's teebirds have varying plh and dome and fly differently. theres hardly a reason to even bother with teebirds unless you're sponsored by innova.

teebird throwers, how many times have you been immediately disappointed after one throw with a new teebird? im going to guess every time.

Teebirds are sneaky long for a fairway driver, really not losing much distance to the Valk. It'sthe only option listed that will tread close to the overstable end of the spectrum so it makes the cut by default.

So it comes down between Leo and Valk. Leos are good in every plastic (need rollers quickly and lots of glide? Get DX. Need a crazy straight disc? Get a Champ.) Valks are faster and can be just as understable so with increased nose angle sensitivity comes increased squirrellyness. Plus, Innova dicked around and snuck plus rims on the Valk awhile back so that's lame. The Leo is just plain better at understable lines because it's slower and easier to control.

Valks do make a great first distance driver.

teebird throwers, how many times have you been immediately disappointed after one throw with a new teebird? im going to guess every time.

Only once out of the last 5. It was a Champion that flew like a Brinster. I did buy an echostar last week, but haven't thrown it yet. I'll modify my comment when I get a few throws with it.

yeah OR that innova doesnt care about consistency and everyone's teebirds have varying plh and dome and fly differently. theres hardly a reason to even bother with teebirds unless you're sponsored by innova.

I've bought 5 TeeBirds in the last year,(2 DX, 1 Starlite, 2 Champ, 1 g*) 1 of the last 5 was a disappointment. PLH was normal, but too much dome, It was a Champion Teebird bought online.