• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] less flippy saint suggestions??

Saint pro just sounds like way too much disc for 250-300 distance. But, I'm not an expert in the mold. So correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited:
man i haven't thrown a saint pro in quite some time. but i remember it to be just a more stable saint not a different disc all together per say. maybe its time to revisit the mold.

My other big consideration is a discraft Surge SS. I have some other discraft stuff, Flash, Avenger SS and Crank SS, all which i love. I just got a Stalker which i love how resistant it is to turning. Even on a hard throw that will turn my Saint over to where it will just go right forever, it seems to fight back. Is it too much to hope that the Surge SS will act the same way? Also the bead on the Stalker doesn't bother me, feels like its not there.

The Surge SS (168 g)is one of my main high speed drivers. I've thrown it a lot back to back with a Saint (174 g) and throw similar distances to you but they are very different discs. The SS is higher speed, wider rim with much more low speed fade and less high speed turn. Saying that I was getting them out to the same distance but on completely different lines. For me the SS is more of a distance driver that holds up well in still to breezy conditions. It's more predictable and so more reliable for me then the Saint. Saying that I would use them in completely different situations. I don't carry the Saint anymore because of overlap with other discs.

Weight is not the answer here. Either get a different disc or, if you have the luxury of being picky, go to the brick and mortar store and compare your current disc against other saints. Pick the one with the highest plh and you'll be set.

^ Best suggestion thus far. Don't "just" get a heavier one, make sure it has a relatively high PLH. This will guarantee its stability and will pair nicely with your beat saint.

and stick with opto! Its personally my favorite plastic on the market.

If your up for something different, check out the Gateway Apache, ask the people at the shop for a candy one (champ/z looking plastic) or a flatter one, I have thrown Saints and this might be just what your looking for.

For that distance I would honestly suggest you throw a frost river. Though If it has to be a saint I would suggest a frost saint as the most overstable version of the mold. I did try saints out last year and I found that they are a disc that performs better on a hyzerflip, so if you are keen on throwing flat it is possible that the mold may just not work for you at that task.

A high PLH Opto or Frost Saint will likely be exactly what you want. If you want to be adventurous you could try a light S PD or P PD. A little more stable but will beat in to that "new Saint" stability.

The Escape was the Saint I always wanted. They're quite a bit more stable new, but when beat in find the sweet spot of what I wanted a new Saint to be.

And everyone talking about the Saint Pro as too much disc, I have to ask, have you thrown it? Yes, it's more stable than a Saint, but it's not like it's a Firebird. It's a glidier Teebird that sucks in a headwind.

One can get a GL Saint Pro, season it in, and it'll be the "more OS" Saint one wants. Gold Line (GL) plastic seasons in fantastically well (I know I love my Rivers in this plastic) while being durable and lasting.

Get a new goldline Saint!

The elasto sampo plastic is quite nice.

I use the Saint Pro as my go to driver. But I have a high arm speed. This winter craving the Saint Pros in winter plastic I bought frostline saints. Love them! The lat 64 winter plastic seems to make all discs a little more os. So they were very similiar to my seasoned less domey stable saint pros.

They actually had one of the frostline saints in a 163 and I'm amazed at how far this thing goes!

Last edited:

Latest posts