• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lester Lorch DGC

duncink

Any locals want to take a visiting Canadian out for a round?

I'm going to be in the area Aug 16-21 and this course caught my eye.

I'd love to play both courses.

Wish I could get away for a round at Lestor Lorch but its an hour away from me.

I've been out there once and it is a great day of disc golf. All kinds of variety, elevation changes, and challenges.

Be ready for some heat as we have been having 100+ days in Dallas-Fort Worth.
The Coyote course has a lot of shade until the later holes. The Beaver course is more open. Its about 10 minutes to civilization (eats, drinks, etc) so pack and plan well.

You should also hit Veteran's in Arlington if you can.

There is a tournament there that weekend. the Cedar Hill Open Aug 15th-16th. You should come out sunday and watch the pros, then hit the course after the last round on sunday. Then you will have all week to enjoy it.

There are two courses, the Coyote is the back course, the Beaver is the one you see upon entering the park. The whole thing is on a nature preserve. Its about as pretty as North Texas gets. Enjoy!

PS. bring your mosquito spray, they've been bad lately

I'd still be up for a round after the tournament on Sunday.

Any tour guides?

The tournament festivities won't be over till around 7 or so and I imagine those playing the tournament will be too spent to play another round on Sunday night.

I'd still be up for a round after the tournament on Sunday.

Any tour guides?

I talked to JD a few days ago...he said that he probably won't be able to play the DD event. Also said that Eric McCabe is playing an event in KS that same weekend, so he won't be there.

Don't forget John Maiuro (sp?)...D-craft sponsored pro from right down I-20. Matt Hall from Houston played last year too...he might be there. Coda Hatfield is usually there too.

In the past, Cedar Hill has drawn some players like Jay Reading and Barry Schultz, but I haven't heard about anyone of them coming this year. A buddy of mine said he heard that Avery Jenkins might be there this year, but there's no telling if he actually heard that or if he was just trying to make for interesting conversation ;)

The final round should be around 1 on Sunday. Not sure what open guys will be there. I'm sure Miles will be playing and probably Bradley Williams. JD Ramirez usually plays all the local tournaments too.

The final round should be around 1 on Sunday. Not sure what open guys will be there. I'm sure Miles will be playing and probably Bradley Williams. JD Ramirez usually plays all the local tournaments too.

I talked to JD a few days ago...he said that he probably won't be able to play the DD event. Also said that Eric McCabe is playing an event in KS that same weekend, so he won't be there.

Don't forget John Maiuro (sp?)...D-craft sponsored pro from right down I-20. Matt Hall from Houston played last year too...he might be there. Coda Hatfield is usually there too.

In the past, Cedar Hill has drawn some players like Jay Reading and Barry Schultz, but I haven't heard about anyone of them coming this year. A buddy of mine said he heard that Avery Jenkins might be there this year, but there's no telling if he actually heard that or if he was just trying to make for interesting conversation ;)

This list isn't very full at the moment, but would probably be of help. ;)

Dyanmic Discs Cedarville Open list of registered players

And unless they're local boys, I wouldn't expect to see any national touring pros at Cedar Hill as there is a PDGA national tour event at Maple Hill the same weekend. Barry Schultz, Avery Jenkins, Eric McCabe, Jay Reading and the like will all be in Massachusetts.

ohhhhh, I didnt know it was a Dynamic Discs tournament. I'm going to have to take my butt up there to get some swag! I need a Double D shirt...

The list is definitely not complete yet as a lot of players will wait till the last day to register. I'm thinking you're right about the touring pros. Most of them will take an NT over a B tier. :)

This list isn't very full at the moment, but would probably be of help. ;)

Dyanmic Discs Cedarville Open list of registered players

And unless they're local boys, I wouldn't expect to see any national touring pros at Cedar Hill as there is a PDGA national tour event at Maple Hill the same weekend. Barry Schultz, Avery Jenkins, Eric McCabe, Jay Reading and the like will all be in Massachusetts.

Latest posts