• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Lid Lovers

Now that the dog understands the difference between his discs and mine, one of his k9 candy superheroes comes on the course with us. I drive with it on 6 out of the way holes and he chases. He won't putt out yet and his objective is "more strokes more fun" but that disc hits some amazing lines.

played catch with a Makani the other night at a Glow Tourney before the round...placed my order this morning! That thing is sweet...anyone know if they float? I would to take it to the beach to replace my hydra/Zephyr combo for catch.

Update: mine floats.

Freakin awesome, thanks for checking this. It will be my new beach disc too... love the Makani. Even though it it is lighter than the Zephyr it seemed to fly slightly easier/less flippy in the wind for some reason (might be that glow plastic though).

Wait...did they just give preemie Zephyrs a new name and now you guys are all ga-ga for them? Score one for Innova marketing. :|

Wait...did they just give preemie Zephyrs a new name and now you guys are all ga-ga for them? Score one for Innova marketing. :|

I've been following this thread thinking the same thing. Haha

Is the Makani preemie plastic? Mine doesn't seem to be.

Also aren't all the Zephyrs quite a bit heavier too.

I have Zephyrs down into the 140g range.

no.
I think he meant preemie as in tiny/lightweight.
it is definitely not premium plastic.

My Zephyrs are all near the 200g limit except for one 163g.

My Super Class bag:

160 Zephyr
185ish Zephyr (Champ)
200 Zephyr
185ish Te Moko

what do you putt with?
I have a real tough time putting with UltraStars/Novas/etc. I have to putt with a Fastback. Zephyr is better but still doesn't feel right.

what do you putt with?
I have a real tough time putting with UltraStars/Novas/etc. I have to putt with a Fastback. Zephyr is better but still doesn't feel right.

The 200g Zephyr. I putt upside down with a turbo putt to about 20 feet and past that upside down with a straddle. I'm normally a turbo putter much farther but it's much more difficult for me with a big disc. At 40 feet it's about impossible to putt upside down so I turn the disc over and putt straddle more traditionally.

Preemie plastic is an old term that means the really light DX. Think 140g and under. Preemie Zephyrs and Condors were really common as people used them for throw run & catch, MTA and other WFDF field events. Throw a really light disc with a huge diameter really high in the air and let it float on down.

For a long time, preemie Zephyrs were all you could find. It wasn't until the Superclass thing that golf weight Zephyrs became common again.

Now the term gets confused with premium plastic. They are different things.

So I just got two purple F2 Polecats in from the Proshop. They are both stiffer then my other DX Polecats.

I ordered a 150-something gram Blizz Champ Zephyr. This thing might have the highest dome of anything I've ever seen.

Normal for them?

I've never seen a Champ Zephyr but my DX Zephyrs are pretty flat. The dome doesn't rise too much above the outer lip, 1/8" higher max IRCC.

Latest posts