• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Lid Lovers

It's a lid if people look at you silly every time you pull it out of your bag. For me, it's a Polecat, for GG it's a Sonic, for koda it was a Doggy Style, for you it might be a Zephyr. YMMV.

For me it's the UltraStar.
Although the people I play with aren't surprised to see it since it sticks out of every single DG bag on the market.
Those things are huge compared to dg discs.

Well, after a few months of throwing my champ Polecat, I've decided to go back to the dx one. Just doesnt fly like the dx does. Not horrible, but just prefer the dx plastic I guess.
Also, a friend just gave me a xt polecat so I'll be chucking that one to see how it compares to the dx plastic

Well, after a few months of throwing my champ Polecat, I've decided to go back to the dx one. Just doesnt fly like the dx does. Not horrible, but just prefer the dx plastic I guess.
Also, a friend just gave me a xt polecat so I'll be chucking that one to see how it compares to the dx plastic

I have been very curious about the XT. I like the flight of DX, but I can't find any DX Polecats that are not waxy.

I've got a stack of pfn dx polecats. So I've never really looked at the new dx ones. To me, The xt plastic feels similar to the old dx plastic. But I don't have my dx with me to compare the two at the moment...

I have been very curious about the XT. I like the flight of DX, but I can't find any DX Polecats that are not waxy.

I've got a stack of pfn dx polecats. So I've never really looked at the new dx ones. To me, The xt plastic feels similar to the old dx plastic. But I don't have my dx with me to compare the two at the moment...

FYI... I picked up a new embossed DX Polecat and Birdie (both Daphne blue) and they feel just a touch softer than my others, almost like a touch of rubber in the mix (not waxy at all). They are nowhere near the softness of XT. They feel really nice with a little bit of flex. I have yet to throw them.

If the XT plastic is the good stuff like the XT in the Bullfrog, I'd be very interested in trying an XT Polecat.

If the XT plastic is the good stuff like the XT in the Bullfrog, I'd be very interested in trying an XT Polecat.

I just sold my XT Polecats. I liked them, they flew a bit like DX. Maybe a hair more fade and a hair less high speed stability. I have never felt like I needed more durability out of my lids so I never stopped throwing my DX.

I just sold my XT Polecats. I liked them, they flew a bit like DX. Maybe a hair more fade and a hair less high speed stability. I have never felt like I needed more durability out of my lids so I never stopped throwing my DX.

No lids do not need all the durability due to the flat surface, just not floppy in the plastic or the disc will not fly right.

Y'all seen the gaurdian Lion in the Discmania active line? Looks like it could be similar to the Yikun Claws without the Hedrick rings. Might be worth checking out.

Y'all seen the gaurdian Lion in the Discmania active line? Looks like it could be similar to the Yikun Claws without the Hedrick rings. Might be worth checking out.
Did you see a profile? I was excited when numbers came out but they are editing the numbers to 3 speed not 1.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

I've had a few days throwing my xt Polecat and I'm really liking it. Feels very similar to the old dx plastic. Flies the same as my dx as well. I've not noticed any difference so far. The new dx does feel a bit waxy compared to the old dx ( had to go check it out in person )
Headed out the the local course to throw some more today, so I can report back later if I've any new info on it.
But so far, xt will probably replace the dx in the bag for now. That is unless the xt gets harder to find

In a different thread, Tylerc mentioned using a only Polecat to play Winthrop Gold.

Which lid would you choose to play a long open course?

I'm thinking the Zephyr check all my preference boxes. Slow and controllable enough for tight gaps, small enough for putting (Ultrastars are too weird for putting IMO), they can do decent distance, they roll well, etc. Honorable mention to UltraStars and Polecats.

Polecat for me. Fits in the basket even better than the zephyr and goes just as far.

Fwiw I usually play Zephyr for one disc for superclass reasons.

Recently played a retro (attire included) zephyr round at Wundervu dgc. Got one of my best birdies yet on the signature tunnel hole. Drop in 3 on a 410' dead straight hole with an S bend at the end with a 10' wide fairway.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

In a different thread, Tylerc mentioned using a only Polecat to play Winthrop Gold.

Which lid would you choose to play a long open course?

I'm thinking the Zephyr check all my preference boxes. Slow and controllable enough for tight gaps, small enough for putting (Ultrastars are too weird for putting IMO), they can do decent distance, they roll well, etc. Honorable mention to UltraStars and Polecats.

It would have to be a Polecat for me. Because the Polecat is the only lid I own.

Birdie, makani close 2nd.
I was throwing some cool shots with a glow 165 Upshot this week. Bum knee was slowing me down. I was able to zip this using mostly my arm.

Latest posts