• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Lifecycle of a disc

Pro D can be really waxy, crap. DX varies from run to run but it generally holds up pretty well. Here's what I've gathered in my experience:

Putters and mids, you can throw in base plastic all day for years. They get ugly with battle scars but they generally just get straighter and better over the years. Slow drivers, speed 9-10 are pushing the threshold, are likewise pretty durable in base plastic. You might have to tune them occasionally to raise/lower the PLH or do some warm water treatment to un-warp them but they can last years. Faster drivers, with their combination of wide rims and thin flight plates, taco and warp pretty easily and have longevity if you restrict them to max D on open holes. Base plastic gets brittle and stiff in cold weather and can break on impact as the plastic ages.

NC has densely wooded courses, base plastic is fine. Having really clean form extends the lives of your discs considerably, even the flippiest of discs can be useful for an OAT-free golfer.

I have a DX Leo.. but I just decided to part with it to a friend that wanted a hard rolling flipper. It works perfect for him now. I used it for 4 months 2-4 times a week before it got too beat up for me. I couldn't even release it on a massive hyzer before it flipped the other direction about 50 feet after I threw it. Just complete flip and crash. Wasn't what I was looking for. Even when I was "using" it nicely, I found it hard to control sometimes. I could count on it to throw the same way for 1-5 games and then BAM! it was a like throwing a completely different disc. Even though it was a fairway driver, I found it changed way too fast for my taste. It was a great learning tool for me though. I've since bought a new underworld to try and replace it. Hoping that works out.

For me DX changes too rapidly as a driver on my courses. Of course I'm throwing where the ground is very rocky and there are tons of trees in tight shots. So the disc got beat a lot sometimes. But if I was throwing nice open courses with lush green grass everywhere I'd throw DX discs all year long. Since I don't I think this was my last DX purchase in a driver.

I also started out with a dx wraith from a starter pack and after about a month of numerous noob hyzer bombs, tree smashes and rock chunkers the disc just didn't fly how I wanted it to. Maybe up the plastic to pro and cycle that. Losing discs is part of the game unfortunately. For me, I use primarily discraft ESP plastic because the terrain I am in is unforgiving to baseline stuff outside of putters/midranes. But maybe your dx wraith is a good roller slot now? Keep messing with release angles, it will only help you in the long run!

I feel like we're disc bros because this happened to me exactly, except with a DX Valkyrie. After throwing some ESP and Neutron plastic I feel in love with the Discraft and MVP line ups, but I am still a fan of a lot of drivers Innova makes in both Champ and Star.

Of course I am only 4 months into the game so I am sure this will all change the more I play.

I played with birdie machine a couple weeks ago and he put a dx roc with 15 seasons out 480'.

He just doesn't want to show up Wiggins and wreck his record until he sells some more blizzard bosses.

Smiley-ROFL.gif

I'm still pretty new to DG and am wondering what the lifecycle is for a disc

The life cycle begins with eggs being ingested. The eggs hatch in the duodenum (i.e., first part of the small intestine). The emerging golf disc larvae grow rapidly to a size of 140 to 150 micrometers in size, and migrate through the small intestine towards the colon. During this migration they moult twice and become adults. Females survive for 5 to 13 weeks, and males about 7 weeks. The male and female golf discs mate in the ileum (i.e., last part of the small intestine), whereafter the male golf discs usually die, and are passed out with stool. The gravid female golf discs settle in the ileum, caecum (i.e., beginning of the large intestine), appendix and ascending colon, where they attach themselves to the mucosa and ingest colonic contents. Almost the entire body of a gravid female becomes filled with eggs. The estimations of the number of eggs in a gravid female golf disc range from about 11,000 to 16,000. The egg-laying process begins approximately five weeks after initial ingestion of golf disc eggs by the human host. The gravid female golf discs migrate through the colon towards the rectum at a rate of 12 to 14 centimeters per hour. They emerge from the anus, and while moving on the skin near the anus, the female golf discs deposit eggs either through (1) contracting and expelling the eggs, (2) dying and then disintegrating, or (3) bodily rupture due to the host scratching the worm. After depositing the eggs, the female becomes opaque and dies. The reason the female emerges from the anus is to obtain the oxygen necessary for the maturation of the eggs.

The life cycle begins with eggs being ingested. The eggs hatch in the duodenum (i.e., first part of the small intestine). The emerging golf disc larvae grow rapidly to a size of 140 to 150 micrometers in size, and migrate through the small intestine towards the colon. During this migration they moult twice and become adults. Females survive for 5 to 13 weeks, and males about 7 weeks. The male and female golf discs mate in the ileum (i.e., last part of the small intestine), whereafter the male golf discs usually die, and are passed out with stool. The gravid female golf discs settle in the ileum, caecum (i.e., beginning of the large intestine), appendix and ascending colon, where they attach themselves to the mucosa and ingest colonic contents. Almost the entire body of a gravid female becomes filled with eggs. The estimations of the number of eggs in a gravid female golf disc range from about 11,000 to 16,000. The egg-laying process begins approximately five weeks after initial ingestion of golf disc eggs by the human host. The gravid female golf discs migrate through the colon towards the rectum at a rate of 12 to 14 centimeters per hour. They emerge from the anus, and while moving on the skin near the anus, the female golf discs deposit eggs either through (1) contracting and expelling the eggs, (2) dying and then disintegrating, or (3) bodily rupture due to the host scratching the worm. After depositing the eggs, the female becomes opaque and dies. The reason the female emerges from the anus is to obtain the oxygen necessary for the maturation of the eggs.
Thanks, you made my morning! But I have one question: Are the discs we are throwing just dead shells?

Latest posts