• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

LIke a Stalker but further???

ok, thanks guys.

I have quite a few of the discs suggested (crush, avenger ss, XL, buzz) and even traded someone for a lighter stalker that should be in the mail today. It looks like i need to go out to a field and throw them all again. I am tempted to buy a DX teebird though to see how it works for me. They seem to be a popular disc around here and i need something that can fight the wind a little better.

I do need to work on my form. As soon as my new phone gets here that can take good video ill post a video of my form. I know one of my problems is im not getting amazing snap but part of it is im a noodle arm. The stalker is by far my most consistent disc that holds those really low flat lines with little fade. they just get 20 or so feet less distance than other discs thrown similarly.

Is this a Forehand or Backhand question? Not that it really matters... It's tough to beat the flight characteristics on the Stalker, it has a wide wing on it that really helps it glide. I'm tossing 300' and it flies within 20' of anything else however I'll toss in a vote on the XPress or XL in Z plastic, they still seem pretty consistent in the lighter weights and that's what I use for tunnelshots. I'm especially fond of the XPress because it has a rating of 0 but I can throw it hard and it doesn't get flippy, or softer and it still flies well, and straight hooboy. XL is my utility disc BH,FH,OH, and the big green light ace runs.

I'd stay away from the Z crushes, ESP first but it's still a much bigger disc than you need, so they'll probably finish hard and skip, I do love em though great for flat distance. The Tracker is a more stable Crush, also heard it called a more stable TeeBird.

Avenger SS might work it's cheap distance for a noodlearm but it is frustratingly flippy. I like my Avenger SS for turnover drives and uphills, I put a lot of air under it. I've had a couple in ESP but my favourite is a 174 Z plastic it gives it more stability, I've replaced them and moved up to XL's though. My brother uses a regular Avenger in X plastic (The other plastics make it a different disc) for his forehand lasers and they cruise dead straight, mega glide.

Just saw your post, Teebird is always a good disc to get, I didn't like it in lighter weights 174g for me. DX is a good choice too because it should break in faster, which is another problem with those things but once they break in it's money.

Last edited:
I throw both RHFH and RHBH but this questions is specifically RHBH. I use a Champ Wraith and ESP predator for my FH shots and they cover everything i need.

I have a D XL but my brother has an Z xl. Ill have him bring it today and try it at the course.

thanks for the tips.

so I have an ESP crush 174g that absolutely zips out of my hands and can throw a low, tight line. Some have told me it may be an anomaly, though it might be worth a try. I can juice more distance out of it than my Stalkers.

Medium Dome ESP Flash.... nice line, like faster beat in stalker

Ill give that a shot too. I have a 172 ESP Flash sitting here already.

looks like its out to the field for auditions again...

For an update i went out and threw my stalker a bunch and had good success with it today. Maybe my stalker heard i was going to replace it so it decided it would go longer for me. I was getting them closer to the distance of my other discs but lower and with more accuracy. It even went perfectly through a 15 foot tunnel for 250 feet. I have never made that line before.

So now im going to stick with the stalkers for a little while atleast.

If anyone reads this, could you suggest what the most stable plastic for stalkers would be? I need one that can handle the wind.

Buzzz? hehehe

Seriously though I think a 2005 Player's Cup Tracker will get what you are looking for.

Seriously though I think a 2005 Player's Cup Tracker will get what you are looking for.

Think the new runs are similar.

On a side note......I had 5-10 from 05' AM Worlds that were a lot more overstable then they should have been! Think Mini-Pred.

so I have an ESP crush 174g that absolutely zips out of my hands and can throw a low, tight line. Some have told me it may be an anomaly, though it might be worth a try. I can juice more distance out of it than my Stalkers.

I've got a couple 172 ESP Crush's I hear there's some production anomalies with them in ESP, some turn harder than others but they break in much faster too. ESP is a LOT easier to throw than the same weight in Z plastic. Huge drives, holds a low line, big skips, prefer them to a destroyer. My worn in one makes a great turnover driver, the wind resistance however suffers.

I've got a couple 172 ESP Crush's I hear there's some production anomalies with them in ESP, some turn harder than others but they break in much faster too. ESP is a LOT easier to throw than the same weight in Z plastic. Huge drives, holds a low line, big skips, prefer them to a destroyer. My worn in one makes a great turnover driver, the wind resistance however suffers.

Coming from a guy who throws exclusively Discraft.......the Crush is almost Groovelike when it comes to consistency from disc to disc.

I threw them back in 03-04' but if you have one and like it at the moment don't expect to be able to replace it easily.

I remember when the Crush first came out it had very inconsistent flight patterns and it was based on the color of the disc.

Certain colors would be less stable than the others. Something is telling me that the green first runs were the most stable but i could be wrong.

Try a TL. I just put mine back in my bag and it was flying similar but went 30+ft further. The TL is more forgiving if your form isnt that great and you can put a lil more power into it compared to the stalker.

Have you tried any rollers?

yep im starting to learn to do FH rollers. I pretty much throw them with a little anhyzer and really hard and they roll for quite a ways. they seem like the easiest roller out. just throw hard and with bad form and your set :D . Its funny because my stalker is also my go to roller so it works out really well.

The only downside is with only a little height to work with the disc has to hit the ground pretty early and with it being mostly grass and trees it doesn't usually make it all the way. Plus there are a ton of roots sticking out which messes them up.

Also you get a strange look from your partner in a doubles tournament when you throw a roller. For some reason mine work great until im playing doubles....

Try a TL. I just put mine back in my bag and it was flying similar but went 30+ft further. The TL is more forgiving if your form isnt that great and you can put a lil more power into it compared to the stalker.

I may have to give it a try. I have only thrown a 150 class TL and it was flippy as can be.

I don't know what it is about a stalker but if im having a bad form day and throwing all my discs high or getting early/late release i can always fall back to my stalker and throw them smooth everytime. I hear some people say they are hard to throw but for some reason they get my form back for me and i can throw them very consistent. Just a few throws with a stalker and i can throw my other discs again with good success.

Im thinking i may just throw the stalkers for a while. Im trying to find what would be the most overstable of the stalkers so i can have one for wind and hard fades.
Suggestions on plastic for most stable?

It's only available in Z, so I guess look for some max weight ones. I've seen a few 177's locally, I usually throw 171. The 171's I throw can handle a decent amount of headwind given a hyzer release.

It's only available in Z, so I guess look for some max weight ones. I've seen a few 177's locally, I usually throw 171. The 171's I throw can handle a decent amount of headwind given a hyzer release.

I have found Z, Cryztal, and ESP on ebay.

I had a 171 that was noticably more stable. I traded it for a 165 stalker though.

maybe ill try and find a flat 172ish one.

Latest posts