• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

like courses you can air it out

if anyone here loves to air it out like me, you might get frustrated when you play the shorter accurate courses. so if you like to air it out, come to illinois and play one of more than 100 courses. madison meadows in lombard, il (about 15 miles west of chicago sity limits) is a course you will probably love. most holes are open with some well placed trees. if anyone knows any other courses with somewhat open holes around 400+ footers feel free to put them here.

There are quite a few course in Rochester that give you the opportunity.. Chili (Baker Farm) has mostly open holes and Ellison Park also has a few good ones. In my trips through PA I've played a bunch too.. one that comes to mind at the moment is IUP College Lodge which has some awesome downhill shots (as well as plenty of wooded/accurate holes so it may not really count).

baker farm in chili has a 600 foot shot, a 700 foot shot, and a 911 foot shot. we play there almost every day. we still arent very good tho.

I used to get out to Chili a few times a week but now that it's getting dark so fast I usually go on the weekends and play Chili and/or Parma. That 911ft. hole is supposedly a par 4.. I think I've had a chance to make par on that one maybe 4 or 5 times and made it maybe once. You really need 4 great shots to make it.

Spectra,

Have you played Sunrise in Bartlett IL? If not you should like it. Personally, I don't really care for courses that are that wide open. I think they're boring, but to each his own.

Bartlett

Sunrise

6220 ft.

Description: Long and open with a few baskets tucked into the woods. Some rolling terrain on the front, but the back is flat, long and open. The wind can be brutal and a pond is in play on 3 holes.

Directions: 0.5 mile east of Rt. 59 on the corner of Struckman Blvd. and Appletree Ln. Turn on Appletree Lane. The first tee is next to Appletree, up the hill a little bit.

http://www.bartlettparkdistrict.com/Parks-Facilities/parks/Sunrise-Park.asp
Work: (630) 540-4800

[This info is taken from my US Course Guide which is kept at my google group "DG Course Reviews". http://groups.google.com/group/DG-Course-Reviews ]

no i havent played there yet. me and my friends mostly just play in lombard but we ocassionally play in oak brook, elk grove, downers, and aurora. we might play there over the summer since we may go on a dg road trip thing

Latest posts