• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

liquid rit

tracytw

Recently I came upon a stash of old rit powder and liquid dye. The powder was super easy to work wit and the disc took the dye well. But I cant get the liquid dye to be as dark as I want it. So far ive only tried black. Any tips or advice would be great. Im just spin dyeing for now not trying to dip or shaving cream yet.

I've used liquid dye in shaving cream with good results but I cannot speak for spin dye. Have you tried upping the concentration of rit into whatever mixer you are working with? (laundry soap etc...)

I know I had to mix quite a lot of liquid rit when dipping in shaving cream.

Don't know what to say here, so long as it's not the new batch Rit that doesn't dye plastic, the liquid should work just fine. I prefer the liquid to the powder, and still use mostly liquid Rit when I do use Rit, and have colors that have lasted for years, and backup liquid.

Don't know what to say here, so long as it's not the new batch Rit that doesn't dye plastic, the liquid should work just fine. I prefer the liquid to the powder, and still use mostly liquid Rit when I do use Rit, and have colors that have lasted for years, and backup liquid.

How do you mix it to get it to work?

If I remember correctly it needs to be mixed with water or something to activate it. It can be mixed just like the powder. I still use it for shaving cream dyes. Also make sure you shake it up before you use it.

came across a stash you say?? ;) lol where would you have done that?

and i never tried the liquid straight up. I always did the suggested mixture and was dip dyeing. you can use acetone as well.