• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Long downhill throws

Is it different with a flick?

Hole 14 at Whistler's Bend (OR) is most definetly a throw down the slope shot. The basket is the speck near the bush to the left of the guys head.
watermark.php
Looking at this hole I'd probably throw side-arm (RHBH). That flight pattern would not follow the contour of the hill. It would be more out over the left in a high arc!

Biggest mistake people make on hole 3 toboggan course used for Am nats is throwing hard down the hill. If you do this with a driver it takes the wind off the nose and turns it over. The woods on the right catch the disc. The best shots I see are straight out, slightly down, that turn slightly then fade back into the fairway OVER all the trees. If you are going to throw down the mountain, I'd suggest discing down so your disc is less nose sensitive. I threw a TL straight and the blunter nose was affected less by the downhill. You dont need drivers to throw far on hill holes. I practiced the long down hill hole at Ellison Park in Rochester... i couldnt get a driver close but I parked a buzzz and put a TL 30' past the basket in Worlds.

Biggest mistake people make on hole 3 toboggan course used for Am nats is throwing hard down the hill. If you do this with a driver it takes the wind off the nose and turns it over. The woods on the right catch the disc. The best shots I see are straight out, slightly down, that turn slightly then fade back into the fairway OVER all the trees. If you are going to throw down the mountain, I'd suggest discing down so your disc is less nose sensitive. I threw a TL straight and the blunter nose was affected less by the downhill. You dont need drivers to throw far on hill holes. I practiced the long down hill hole at Ellison Park in Rochester... i couldnt get a driver close but I parked a buzzz and put a TL 30' past the basket in Worlds.

This is why I aim for 13's fairway. I can still get up and down and the ground is flat. I take the whole right side out of play.

Latest posts