• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Longer Leopard??

Every champ roadrunner I've thrown has been this exactly...they don't have the normal roadrunner understability at all and fly exactly like new leopards (except maybe new champ leopards, which are usually pretty straight).

The closest flight to a leopard I have ever had was the Avenger SS. It's pretty much spot on. I used to throw both for an extended period of time, they covered pretty similar lines, the avenger being just a bit longer. I would think a Z or X Avenger SS would be perfect.

having thrown about every disc mentioned in this thread so far, I honestly think the best disc suggested was the TD. Check it out in ~170g S-line.

Keep in mind that the leopard is pretty unique. It's a disc that's been imitated but not really duplicated IMHO. SO it's harder to make a "faster leopard" because the leopard is a great blend of control and consistency for being so understable.

Still...TD would be the closest thing to a "faster leopard" IMO.

i throw leopards.

longer would be slightly beat champ beast, worn star valk or a champ roadrunner.

I'm not quite getting the distance out of a the leopard that you are but I'm getting pretty good results (extra 30-50 ft) out of a medium weight (170) Star Beast. Archon is also not a bad option.

Im surprised only 1 person said TL, as far as I can tell it is the closest disc to a leopard that innova makes (but could be very wrong and Im sure someone will let me know) :D

Im surprised only 1 person said TL, as far as I can tell it is the closest disc to a leopard that innova makes (but could be very wrong and Im sure someone will let me know) :D

TL's are quite a bit more stable than any Leopard I've thrown. A Champ TL is just about one of the straightest discs for an easy 300' that I have in my bag. Great in low wind, tunnel shots if thrown easy, flat-to-barely hyzer, and with good spin. Every Leopard I've thrown seems to be a lot more tippy and likes to turn over late in the flight, and keep finishing right. My TL's just seem to slowly turn but finish pretty straight. Slight hyzer off the toss get's them to flatten out and finish completely straight.

In low wind situations, my GL Fuse seems to be similar to a longer Leopard. It's effortless to get it to glide 300', sometimes too easy and I overshoot what seems to be a longer mid-range shot.

A less stable GL River comes to mind when I think about a longer Leopard, but with a hair more LSS than the Leopard.

best answers

XL not in X they beat in too fast

pro Starfire they are SL mold

a flippy striker bigger disc but faster so you get the workability and faster speed.

star roadrunner

vulcan are too fast adn too flippy only good for turnovers.

^^ I completely (and respectfully) disagree... I have thrown all of those molds and plastic combinations, and an s-line td is MUCH CLOSER to a longer leopard than anything else suggested

I have thrown few leopards and I would say S-TD fits right in the longer leopard.

There really isn'y anything that will be what the leopard really is at higher speeds... There are plenty of good turnover or straight discs at that speed range, but you will sacrafice a little predictability and some control. Do you just want one that will go farther or what? I am pretty confident that if so, you will sacrafice more control that you really gain in useable distance. At 350+/- I think there is still potential to gain some easy D on the leopard. I have gone back and forth many times with lots of discs trying to replace my leopard for something just a little longer and always end up putting the Leopard back in the bag.
If you are determined to try something else, give the avenger SS a shot. They are relatively easy to control and you can crank them a little harder/ maybe farther than a Leopard but like I said: You might not have quite the control of the leopard.

^^^^^ This guy is a genius and I would have agreed until I found the FD. Its the only disc that gives you that extra 30+ feet with a Leopard flight. But regardless their will always be a 175g Pro Leopard in my bag.

Ive used the Fd for a few days after loosing my leopard, its practically the same, but a speed 7 instead of 6

I know everyone will think I'm nuts. :rolleyes:
I like to pair a 155 Vibram med Trak with my 150 star Leopard.

I feel I have as much control with the Trak as I do with my Leopard, The Trak feels like a faster disc. My Trak has a touch more fade than my Leopard, but not much.