• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Longest disc

Will Aubrey

Birdie Member
What disc do you get the best distance from on your drives?

I ask because the discs I used to throw for distance, Inferno and Helios, seem to be out of production.

Tell us more about your throw/mechanics/preference for flight when it comes to max D.

What did your other discs weigh and how beat in were they? How far were you throwing them and on what kind of flight pattern?

The question you asked could have a multitude of answers.

My longest throw ever was a perfect fluke with a Stingray. No shit, perfect throw and conditions. Pushed 600.

Normally, destroyers

My longest throw on flat ground was a 168g ESP Nuke that was pretty flippy. It was a couple years ago though and I bet one of the max speed Blizzard discs could beat that, but I've never thrown one.

175g Icon Rampage. I'm hoping my new 167g Icon Cannon will get a little bit more for me. My mechanics suck right now so I'm not even clearing 350 on a regular basis anymore. Used to do that with TLs

For my little arm my 171g Star Teebird is money. However, I just got a GL River this week and already thrown some of my longest shots ever with it. That thing just never comes down!

dgdave said:
My longest throw ever was a perfect fluke with a Stingray. No shit, perfect throw and conditions. Pushed 600.

Normally, destroyers

On flat ground?

Longest flying disc in my bag is a slightly warn, max weight z-nuke.

longest throw ever was with a broke in vip northman measered 497'. don't have many throws that even come close to this one. most of the time now i am throwing a bee-line for distance right now.

148 Bliz Katana. Gets squirrly though and only used on wide open distance shots. 167-68 Pro Destroyer is more accurate and not far behind.

Bliz Wraith 136g. The only disc I've managed to throw over 125m (410ft). A true useless piece of shit :D , needs good tailwind and a perfect line.

Tough to say what my longest disc is. One day it could be one thing and another day something else. On courses, I've had a few discs that just killed in distance. I'll list them.

171 ESP Surge. Domey and just doesn't come down.
174 Z Surge w/ thumb grip. Freak of a disc. Astoundingly long.
174 CFR Augusta Wraith. Got a little beat and lost the low speed fade. Straight distance.
173 Champ Boss. Nothing even that special of a disc, but still keeps up with anything I throw.

Now, on a practice field I'd probably look for something a little lighter for sheer distance (sacrifice some control). Blizzards fit this category. Super long. I also have a flippy ESP Nuke that can't really be touched in distance. Accuracy isn't very good though.

My favorite line for max distance is taking a somewhat stable disc, forcing it over a bit and letting it fade back at the end. I don't do well with hyzerflips.

My longest disc in my bag, accuracy not being taken into consideration, is a 165 blizz DD2. I've hit 450' with this bad boy, but hell if I know where it's going or if I could put it out there more than 2/10 times that far. I actually don't like throwing this disc that much, but I keep it in the bag because I have to learn how to throw the big rimmed stuff eventually.

In terms of consistency and accuracy, it's probably my worn 172 pPD. I've hit 410' with it, but most of the time I'm throwing it 380-390' with pretty good accuracy.