• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] LONGEST DRIVER YOU'VE THROWN

Longest Driver you've thrown

• DD2 Frenzy

Votes: 9 2.4%
  • Crank

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • Nuke

Votes: 37 9.9%
  • Nuke SS

• Ape

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Boss

Votes: 30 8.1%
  • Katana

Votes: 22 5.9%
  • Tern

Votes: 70 18.8%
  • Dominator

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Katana

Votes: 20 5.4%
  • Vulcan

• Halo

Votes: 6 1.6%
  • Havoc

Votes: 8 2.2%
  • Bolt

Votes: 16 4.3%
  • Rampage

Votes: 7 1.9%
  • Cannon

Votes: 18 4.8%
  • Quasar

• D1

Votes: 4 1.1%
  • D2

• D3

• D4

Votes: 18 4.8%
  • D5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lace

Votes: 24 6.5%
  • UnLace

Votes: 11 3.0%
  • King

Votes: 26 7.0%

• Total voters
Now that I've figured out how wide and how high I need to throw it on a hyzer-flip distance line to get a full flight, I'd have to change my answer to unLace.

That being said, I feel like if I could find a disc the same speed that has the same (or slightly more) HSS and a little more LSS, that would be my ideal distance disc... any suggestions?

For me it is the DD Escape, that sucker just goes. Perfect combo of speed, glide, and stability for this guy...

Backhand it is the tern. But I have got my Nuke out near 500' a few times on a FH turnover so voted for it.

170 star destroyer is my furthest flying disc. Dead straight out to ~500' most of the ones you have on your list are too flippy for me, would need a bunch of room (left/right) and air

Interesting. Lots of Tern love here. One of my buddy's throws one occasionally, but it seems to be a little more flippy or uncontrollable than other drivers. But I guess for max distance it must work based on this thread. But I am sticking with my Pure off mountains. :p

don't kill me i'm reviving this thread.
what's everyone's answer now? did anyone's answer recently change?

some holes are just too long, and we all need some distance.
I think I'll pick the blizzard katana in calmer conditions, flat ground. I get mine out to around 380 maybe.

do they make blizzard terns?

Innova doesn't list Blizzard plastic for the Tern on their site. http://www.innovadiscs.com/discs/distance-drivers/speed-12/tern.html

They have the StarLites that go into a really light weight range, from 130-159g. Of course, they have the different flight numbers than the Champion. 12/6/-4/2 for the Star vs. GStar of 12/6/-3/2 vs. 12/6/-2/2 for the Champion.

And, yes, the Tern definitely gets my vote. StarLites for max wide open distance and Champion if I need some more stability. I was glad to find something similar to replace the Wahoo as my longest driver. The Wahoo plastic, even when only used on open, grassy holes, still broke in super fast.

Last edited:
I vote Orc.

Because it's the only distance driver I've had any success with at all.

My Hatchet is setting new personal records for me. Very glidey piece o plastic, and it has a beautiful s-curve flight.

Gstar Prototype Daedalus. This thing has added about 30-40 feet to my previous long drive. I dont have a huge cannon arm but can put a normal long drive of about 350/375
The Daedalus proto has a super laser like line that is just flying farther and farther for me.

Longest drive I've ever thrown was with a Champ Tern (~520' slightly downhill).

Been having good results with a DGA Torrent lately, sorta Katana-esque ... give it some hyzer out to the left and let it ride up and over way right, and then some fade back at the end

Interesting. Lots of Tern love here. One of my buddy's throws one occasionally, but it seems to be a little more flippy or uncontrollable than other drivers. But I guess for max distance it must work based on this thread. But I am sticking with my Pure off mountains. :p

Odd you say that. I threw a Pure well over 500' last week on Horning's Meadow Ridge hole 8. 420' with a -124' elevation change. It managed to avoid all the vertical woody obstacles, and I found it more than 100' past #9 tee.

So, I have to vote for the Pure now.

Latest posts