• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Longest staightest driver with least amount of fade.

You need to find out what does it for you...

I use a new Z Stalker and I also have a very well seasoned KC Pro 9X Teebird for that shot...

The Stalker will glide more (for me) so I need more room overhead... the Teebird is low and straight.

Try as many discs as you can... find what works for you... good luck!

A Z Comet is the longest and straightest disc in my bag. Once you get into drivers there will be fade or turn, can still get 350 flat ground with a comet having no turn. Just a slight hyzer and it will flip up flat and glide for ages.

I'll second the Comet, too slow? Stalker might do it in a lighter weight, straight flight though I find the wide wing allows it to hook deeper when it runs out of gas. Leopard is probably a better bet maybe an XL though personally I've been working a 169 Star Beast really well for that role myself

I like some of the suggestions for a mid on this shot but if your looking for a driver I would suggest a Cyclone or for a longer disc a P - PD might fit the bill.

CHEERS - Koffee

i throw that shot with a striker if low ceiling or if i have a little more headroom just throw a roc out there cuz it will land straight. the striker will fade but if it is thrown low and hard you just have a very small fade as it falls to the ground and you can do this up to around 375. and by roc i think a little bit seasoned rancho roc woudl be better than a brand new one. dx beats in really nice too.

I like an Avenger SS for super-reliable low and straight shots up to 300.

I have been getting my Striker out straight with less fade than my t-bird or valk

i throw that shot with a striker if low ceiling or if i have a little more headroom just throw a roc out there cuz it will land straight. the striker will fade but if it is thrown low and hard you just have a very small fade as it falls to the ground and you can do this up to around 375. and by roc i think a little bit seasoned rancho roc woudl be better than a brand new one. dx beats in really nice too.

Strikers FTW. Just like elnino said, when thrown low hard it'll go super straight for about 375-400ft with little fade. A Striker is like a Teebird on 'roids!

For my noodle arm I find a max weight star roadrunner will go straight when thrown flat/level.

It is all about what amount of spin you can put on the disc, if you can spin a disc at its intended speed then all but the most overstable will fly dead straight.

Nose angle and spin will dictate your fade more than disc you are throwing.

Learn your discs and you can make them do anything you want.

I have a 06 CFR Wraith that will go 350 dead straight, fade a couple feet to the left and sit down if I throw it just right. That is throwing it 6 or 7 feet off the ground.

It is all about what amount of spin you can put on the disc, if you can spin a disc at its intended speed then all but the most overstable will fly dead straight.

Nose angle and spin will dictate your fade more than disc you are throwing.

Learn your discs and you can make them do anything you want.

Yes...that is exactly what I was giving an example of. I just didn't see that the principle had just been stated so well.

Latest posts