• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lookig for a disc with a long hyzer finish

You should throw an under-stable disc, but throw it gently, so that it flattens and hyzers at the end like any other disc...

This really isn't a question of a disc, but of technique.

You might just be right! I have been thinking about this shot, and I think If I reposition my body (because I have long legs and long straddle) I can step into the fairway and throw a overstable putter, like my Pro-Ryno.

I understand the mechanics of the overstable and understable discs and flight characteristics. But, in an attempt to be more specific, I mean that when I am behind a tree right of the fairway, I can't flick my disc, but I need that rh-sidearm flight path with a backward facing rhbh throw. I need a disc I can send down the fairway in that tricky tight space. You feel me?

I think I know what you are getting at, but let me see. Because of where you are and how you need to get out, you have your left foot on the marker, your back to the target, and your right foot stretch out into the fairway. From here you are looking at twisting at the waist with no run-up. You are looking for a disc that will start off left so it clears the thick you are stretching away from but it needs to go right so it does not hit anything on the left of the fairway, but of course it cannot keep going right because it will either turn into a roller or simply fly back off the fairway

If this is your scenario, I still think overstable may be a bad choice. You have to be careful to make sure that it does not bail out on you too early but at the same time make sure that you do not go too anhyzer and knock it into the ground. I agree with what someone else said, go stable to understable with something with glide and power down.

I think I know what you are getting at, but let me see. Because of where you are and how you need to get out, you have your left foot on the marker, your back to the target, and your right foot stretch out into the fairway. From here you are looking at twisting at the waist with no run-up. You are looking for a disc that will start off left so it clears the thick you are stretching away from but it needs to go right so it does not hit anything on the left of the fairway, but of course it cannot keep going right because it will either turn into a roller or simply fly back off the fairway

If this is your scenario, I still think overstable may be a bad choice. You have to be careful to make sure that it does not bail out on you too early but at the same time make sure that you do not go too anhyzer and knock it into the ground. I agree with what someone else said, go stable to understable with something with glide and power down.

You have understood my situation. I think, before I run out to buy a new disc--to learn, I will put myself in that situation again and try some discs that are in my bag: DX Roc, Star Rancho Roc, Star Ontario Roc, and a couple putters: Pro-Rhyno and Yeti Pro Aviar.

The whippet/viper for shorter range. I like firebirds/blitz/max for longer range. The blitz makes really crazy turns pretty early and can glide them on out!

Latest posts