• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lookin' for a flick disc...

id go jackal or TL. Jackal will give you tons of glide. subtle tweaks in hyzer will give you good s flicks. The TL was surprisingly dependable for my straight flicks as well, but i prefer the tee bird. higher speeds are not going to gain YOU any distance. That said i did destroy a FH drive today with a blizzard destroyer 152g. My blizz ape actually turns a bit FH and i dont get great distance. Krait maybe a good idea once your more developed but i will say i dont know how much hope i would put in blizz as your FH disc.

Lat.64 river. This won't mask bad form and can glide for days when thrown properly.

Gl halo Max weight just keep it flat if you gave a strong arm that is. I throw mine 450-500 flat ground accurately. They're easily predictable. - end thread lol

Wraith. Sidewinder for practice if you feel you're not throwing correctly. I taught myself bad habits when I started out, because I threw forehand and found myself throwing very overstable discs because all I did was flex them. Which was fine for playing, because I got the distance I wanted, but my form was crap. The sidewinder (or roadrunner, or something else understable. Leopard, too, though shorter) will force you to throw flat or it'll roll/crash/burn/implode. The Wraith gave me great distance and accuracy when thrown well, but will tell you if you're not snapflat.

Flick

You should be able to throw every disc in your bag forehand. The same is true for backhand.

I here alot of people say this but if you have a lot of snap then you have to take some off for an understable disc or it will turn over even if you throw it flat. However an overstable disc can mask alot of flaws as well. Not picking on you Chrishysell just here this alot. And same principle does apply for backhand. You can overpower a disc throwing forehand or backhand.

Edit- although this does not seem to be the case with this situation.

You should be able to throw every disc in your bag forehand. The same is true for backhand.

This is very true, but I tend to stick with fairly overstable molds for the simple fact that I only use flicks off the tee when theres a right turn towards the end of the flight. On that note I love me some excals or beefy destroyers because of that hard right at the end.

Edit: Just read the original post and with them distances I find eagles great for learning side arm. I put mine out to about 280 with very little effort and they do not mask flaws that well.

Last edited:
I recently helped a local who threw mainly sidearm. Because he only threw the overstable discs he started going through discs so fast because he would lose confidence in their stability. I told him to switch to an Avenger SS. He learned how to throw smoothly and with control. Some people can change, others choose not to. Good luck in whichever path you choose.

Latest posts