• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Looking for a new bag.

mason65 said:
Well I personally am no Chimp owner (maybe a Chimp owner can chime in and correct me.) The Chimp can hold 14-16 in the main compartment BUT it holds about 3 in the end pocket and one in the sleeve on the end, plus 2 in the putter pocket...thats potentially 22 discs if you're testing molds. The Tourney still doesn't have a rain flap for you, and if you only carry 11 discs then you'll have to pack extra stuff in the tourney to get it to hold its shape.

I've been using a fade crunch for the past 6 months and it has been a nice bag. I have a proto Simian on the way now, if that opportunity hadn't come up I would probably have a Chimp right now.

If you're not planning on carrying over 20 discs you can just put your putters in the main compartment of a fade tourney.

Jesse B 707 said:
nothaz said:
Nice, well this may just be the bag for me then. Thanks guys!
trust me on this, you definitely want a chimp over a fade or innova bag, the Form, function and durability of the chimp are unmatched by anything from Fade (although i do think Fade makes the nicest bargain priced bags on the market)

I'm not trying to be an ass here (which is hard to believe for me :wink: ) But what do you mean by form and function? Durability I can understand but it's still a bag that goes over you shoulder or back right.... how different can it be?

mzuleger said:
Jesse B 707 said:
nothaz said:
trust me on this, you definitely want a chimp over a fade or innova bag, the Form, function and durability of the chimp are unmatched by anything from Fade (although i do think Fade makes the nicest bargain priced bags on the market)

I'm not trying to be an ass here (which is hard to believe for me :wink: ) But what do you mean by form and function? Durability I can understand but it's still a bag that goes over you shoulder or back right.... how different can it be?
all pockets are right where they need to be, rides more comfortable, has a frame and is way less likely to tip on a hill, stuff like that

Jesse B 707 said:
mzuleger said:
Jesse B 707 said:
nothaz said:

all pockets are right where they need to be, rides more comfortable, has a frame and is way less likely to tip on a hill, stuff like that

Ahh. That makes sense. Thanks

mzuleger said:
If you're not planning on carrying over 20 discs you can just put your putters in the main compartment of a fade tourney.

I like being able to grab my putter and putt. I would hate to have it mixed in with my other discs. I am the type of player that if I wait too long to putt once I am at my lie, or focus/lock in on my putts I will miss them. I like to walk up, pull putter, sink it. :D

Yeah I think I am going with the Chimp, thanks Jesse.

nothaz said:
mzuleger said:

I like being able to grab my putter and putt. I would hate to have it mixed in with my other discs. I am the type of player that if I wait too long to putt once I am at my lie, or focus/lock in on my putts I will miss them. I like to walk up, pull putter, sink it. :D

You just gotta keep your discs in the same order in the bag to do that :wink: I can pull out or replace anything in my Fade Tourney while it's on my back with no mistakes.

^x2. i had a fade gear tourney bag and it was great.fit 20 or so discs in the main compartment and up to 3 putters in front. very easy to grab what you need while its on your back.

i just got a gorilla boy chimp for the winter and spring because of the storage space and rain flaps, i haven't looked back, it's a wonderful bag for $60

The Fade looks nice, but I want the putter pocket covered. If I am feeling cheap, I will buy it. It seems like a lot of bag for $45.

Just buy any Revolution or Gorilla Boy bag in your price range and you couldn't be happier. End of story.

My Innova Comp bag will hold 5 mids, 2 putters and 15 drivers in the main compartment and 2 putters in the putter pocket. 24 total.

I usually just drape a towel over the putter pocket to keep em dry.

p.s. I live in Ohio too. You anywhere near Cinci/Dayton?

If you're still looking for a bag, I have an old Chimp (old design) that I'd part with for cheap. Yellow and Black. I think one of the Zippers on the top doesn't work anymore, and it's pretty dirty, but works great for carrying discs.

Furthur said:
If you're still looking for a bag, I have an old Chimp (old design) that I'd part with for cheap. Yellow and Black. I think one of the Zippers on the top doesn't work anymore, and it's pretty dirty, but works great for carrying discs.

Pm sent.

The fade tourny bag is seriously a steal for the price! i have been carrying one around for some time now and i have had no problems with it yet. the putter pocket is super nice and stretchy. You and either hold 1 putter or 3-4 discs in pocket. The two drink pockets holds 32oz drinks great. They also hold a pint glass quite well. The side pockets at big and hold a ton. the cell phone pocket holds any kind of phone. i had just a crappy flip phone and that fit. when i upgraded to a blackberry it still fits like a glove. The bag came with some interesting dividers which seem nice but i just put my regular dividers in and they fit nice. the material that fade used is really tough and doesn't wear out quick and the zipper system is super heavy duty!

all in all i would say go with fade to save money and still have a badass bag.

mpalcic said:
all in all i would say go with fade to save money and still have a badass bag.
I may save money and have a chimp if furthur's old one is nice. :D

But yeah if it comes down to a money issue I will get the fade.

Latest posts