• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Looking for a new bag.

Nothaz

Birdie Member
I currently use the standard Innova bag and it's getting too full. I liked the Innova competition bag except for one thing. I was wanting to know if there are bags(mid-level, not going to pay 100$+) with a putter rain flap. Kinda like the flap on the standard bag, but to keep the putter dry. All I ever see in bags is the exposed putter. :?

+1 for fade gear

I have a crunch box and I can squeeze about 16 discs in it along with some other odds and ends. and the best part is it only cost me $25!

EDIT: no putter cover on the crunch box though....that would be a nice feature

longneck said:
I like the fade bags.

The tourney bag looks nice. I definately need the size as I will be getting a few new discs for Christmas! Slightly larger, slightly cheaper Innova Comp bag. Nice but no putter flap.

I play in rain quite a bit and it would be nice to have my putter covered...

All the Gorilla Boy bags rainflaps go over the putter pocket and I think the primate series is pretty cheap.

Frank Delicious said:
All the Gorilla Boy bags rainflaps go over the putter pocket and I think the primate series is pretty cheap.

Yeah, thanks Frank, the Gorilla looks nice. But man, I don't feel like dropping that much right now. Anyone got a used one? lol :)

nothaz said:
I currently use the standard Innova bag and it's getting too full. I liked the Innova competition bag except for one thing. I was wanting to know if there are bags(mid-level, not going to pay 100$+) with a putter rain flap. Kinda like the flap on the standard bag, but to keep the putter dry. All I ever see in bags is the exposed putter. :?

Another vote for the Chimp. Great bag. Eight months ago mine was $70 shipped to my door. No complaints. If that's a little steep for you then you could always "go ghetto". Scissor out a hunk of plastic from a heavy duty trash bag or something to make a "skirt" for your rain flap any size you want and staple it to the rain flap. When the dry season comes pull the staples.

mason65 said:
Second for the Chimp, how many discs do you want to carry?

I would like to buy a bag that will hold 20, as I will be testing a few molds, and will need a little more space. I have 11 discs that I currently carry, and while I don't necessarily need 20 right now, it wouldn't hurt to buy a bag I will use for a long time. I think by Christmas I will be buying 2 more wraiths, another firebird, etc.

The chimp looks nice but I think the Fade tourney fits me better due to the size. I would love the gorilla but $85 seems a little too pricey for me right now.

Barbikes said:
When the dry season comes pull the staples.

I live in Ohio, we don't have dry seasons. We have, "Why the hell is it snowing in late May?" type weather.

Well I personally am no Chimp owner (maybe a Chimp owner can chime in and correct me.) The Chimp can hold 14-16 in the main compartment BUT it holds about 3 in the end pocket and one in the sleeve on the end, plus 2 in the putter pocket...thats potentially 22 discs if you're testing molds. The Tourney still doesn't have a rain flap for you, and if you only carry 11 discs then you'll have to pack extra stuff in the tourney to get it to hold its shape.

I've been using a fade crunch for the past 6 months and it has been a nice bag. I have a proto Simian on the way now, if that opportunity hadn't come up I would probably have a Chimp right now.

mason65 said:
Well I personally am no Chimp owner (maybe a Chimp owner can chime in and correct me.) The Chimp can hold 14-16 in the main compartment BUT it holds about 3 in the end pocket and one in the sleeve on the end, plus 2 in the putter pocket...thats potentially 22 discs if you're testing molds. The Tourney still doesn't have a rain flap for you, and if you only carry 11 discs then you'll have to pack extra stuff in the tourney to get it to hold its shape.

I've been using a fade crunch for the past 6 months and it has been a nice bag. I have a proto Simian on the way now, if that opportunity hadn't come up I would probably have a Chimp right now.

If the Chimp holds that many, I am getting one. Someone verify this?

mason65 said:
BUT it holds about 3 in the end pocket and one in the sleeve on the end

Yeah awesome, kinda wondering what you mean by "end pocket" and "sleeve".

In the main compartment of my Chimp I'm carrying 15 discs right now. Two of them are Putters and three are Rocs. The rest are drivers. The Chimp has a putter pocket on the side that is away from your body and another one on the side that's adjacent your body. I've got a big ass Condor on the away side and a fairway driver (cyclone) on the adjacent side so that makes a total of 17. There is a zippered full size compartment on one end of the bag. I just zipped in 3 putters or 5 drivers. They fit but these 20 or 22 disc are a FULL load and it isn't super handy for pulling discs in and out. You also lose the storage feature of that full sized zippered compartment. The disc pocket adjacent your body is NOT covered by the Flap.

I can fit about 14 discs in the main compartment, 2 in the front putter pocket, and 2-3 on each pocket if im not carrying any gear. So yea, 20 discs is not that far fetched.

nothaz said:
Nice, well this may just be the bag for me then. Thanks guys!
trust me on this, you definitely want a chimp over a fade or innova bag, the Form, function and durability of the chimp are unmatched by anything from Fade (although i do think Fade makes the nicest bargain priced bags on the market)

Latest posts