• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Looking for a putter

Roachagon

I am looking for a new putter. I have resorted to putting with my DX Spider, but am not satisfied with the feel. I also have tried an XD, Challanger, and APX. The best feeling disk in my hand is my Buzzz, I don't feel like I am getting the proper snap on the putts because of the diameter.

I guess what I am looking for is a smaller diameter Buzzz. Any suggestions?

A Cro maybe? Have you ever tried the Pro Pig? I love that thing...definately my favorite putter.

A Cro maybe? Have you ever tried the Pro Pig? I love that thing...definately my favorite putter.

I have a friend that has a Pro Pig. I tried it a couple times when he first got it, but that was over a year ago. Will have to try it again.

A sinus is a putter but feels like a mid

XD has the low profile, surprising you like a buzzz but not that? I say skip all those and go straight for the aviar.

XD has the low profile, surprising you like a buzzz but not that? I say skip all those and go straight for the aviar.

word. i screwed around with the xd, rhino, birdie and aviar putters. aviar is my fave though as it flys soft.

ever try a gum-putt?

i had one back in the 90s and it really gripped the chains. idk if they still make them but that was my first ace disc. flys super straight and longish. ace i hit with it was about 200 feet but its a great mid/putter if you can find one.

let me end this here...

people will suggest the following

Aviar
Magnet
Voodoo
Wizard
Banger GT

am i missing anything?

Rhyno is a good one also.

My first putter was a rhyno. did me well, but it grew unusable for me. I don't know when it happened but it stopped being comfortable in my hand so i had to switch. It's all personal preference though so...

I like my Star Aviar and I also have a Soft Banger GT that I like for a little longer putts or putts in the wind. I am not a fan of my Wizard or Soft Challenger. I have a friend who really likes to use his Impact from Discraft. He uses it for all of his putts and most of his upshots. Since you like the Buzzz I thought you might consider that option.

I tried putting with a buzzz for a while but worried it would would hurt my game in the long run. Putters are super accurate approach discs too. I settled on the challenger.

The type of disc that would work best for you would depend on what type of putter you are. I personally am a spin putter. I dont loft the disc much at all and try to really bang it into the chains. If this sounds like what you prefer, try a Pro Rhyno. Its a very gummy disc and overstable. Very safe to say that it saves me 5-7 strokes a round over any other putter I've ever tried.

Latest posts