• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Looking for a Stable Speed 11 Disc

If you can't quite push a Destroyer anymore....throw a Wraith for sure.

Wraith all the way.

I tried a Sword out this past week, it threw great in the field but I couldn't get it to do much of anything on the course, very touchy on the flip and would turnover at the slightest breeze. By the end of the long weekend it turned over into some woods at my local course, I reteed and made no effort to find it.

Def. agree that Wraith is probably the best. Love 'em. All plastics.

If wanting to check out some new stuff, I've been digging the Axiom Wrath, MVP Tesla.

Discmania DD is also nice, feels good in hand.

Boatman by WS is also solid.

Aren't the Scythe and Enforcer speed 11's? They are regarded as stable.

IMO WRAITH is probably best, it cycles well and there are a ton available.

Wraith all the way.

I tried a Sword out this past week, it threw great in the field but I couldn't get it to do much of anything on the course, very touchy on the flip and would turnover at the slightest breeze. By the end of the long weekend it turned over into some woods at my local course, I reteed and made no effort to find it.

hahaha!! ^^^ This was my EXACT experience with the Sword.

the wraith is weird and varied like the destroyer. some are stiff pearly old school PFN stars that are really beefy (almost destroyer like), then there are the flat echostars that are flippy as hell.

I've thrown seasoned stiff star beefy wraiths (some PFN and some modern day stuff) and they are magical, easy enough to shape and throw hyzerflips for tunnel shots, but also still have enough over stability to throw turnover lines with and expect a hook up/fade back at the end of flight.

I ended up dropping wraiths from my bag though, it was too in between my champion terns and star destroyers. I'd end up getting confused on what to use on holes. It seemed kind of random and I assume if I dropped my terns and stuck with wraiths I would've benefited from the simplified lineup either way.

Everyone seems to be misspelling Wrath, but it's exactly what you want. Especially sine you can get them in lighter weights. I haven't thrown the Proton version, bit hear it's straighter than the N.

I have come to enjoy some variation in consistency for example, instead of picking 3-4 different molds to fill in my speed 11 range of stabilities, i pick one mold (like an Innova Wraith) and get different plastics in different stages of wear and fill up the speed 11 slot with mutliples of a single mold that all fly differently.

Seems weird, but many Pros do this if you notice they carry like 4-5 of a certain midrange mold and then 3-4 of a driver.. then obviously a few niche discs here and there that they may only throw once in a round.. maybe a roller disc like a mongoose or roadrunner of some sort.

I have come to enjoy some variation in consistency for example, instead of picking 3-4 different molds to fill in my speed 11 range of stabilities, i pick one mold (like an Innova Wraith) and get different plastics in different stages of wear and fill up the speed 11 slot with mutliples of a single mold that all fly differently.

Seems weird, but many Pros do this if you notice they carry like 4-5 of a certain midrange mold and then 3-4 of a driver.. then obviously a few niche discs here and there that they may only throw once in a round.. maybe a roller disc like a mongoose or roadrunner of some sort.

I have been doing this as well. I carry 4 Wraiths (Blizzard, Champion, Star & GStar) and they differ in stabilities. What is important is that they are all the same speed and feel the same in my hand. That is where I'm able to have the consistency I need.

Discraft Flash fits the bill also. Or a Crush. Depends on how stable you're looking for. Crush is OS, Flash is straighter.

Try out this pair: Westside Boatman for OS and Lat 64 Flow for US. The Flow gets some great distance and the Boatman can handle headwinds.

Thanks again guys for the suggestions.

I ended up getting a Flat Star Wraith and a domey Star Wraith. They didn't have the DD anymore.

I ended up having the same results that I did with my Destroyers. I couldn't quite get them up to speed. I was throwin my Beasts,PD's and Wraiths Side by side and they were all ending up right there together just different lines. Funny thing is my PD's were outdoing both of them by about 10ft.

I'm still gonna work with them since they are brand new and see if I can gain some distance. By the time winter gets here If I don't see a difference and don't make any distance gains I'll just stick with Speed 10 discs.

Thanks again

Wraiths often start out a little OS for their numbers. Break one in and it might get past your PD.

Have you posted a form vid by chance?

Wraiths often start out a little OS for their numbers. Break one in and it might get past your PD.

Have you posted a form vid by chance?

I use to have pretty good form,but after my injury I still can't quite get that push off the X-step with my left leg. I'm afraid I'll end up hurting it again. I'm at about 80% on my leg. It feels good most of the time,but after a round I can feel it hurting a little. I'm too stubborn to stay away from the course. lol

I use to be able to bomb Terns,Destroyers and a Crank out to 420 to 430ft,but after I got hurt I couldn't get them past my Beasts or PD's. So I've been playin with just those as max distance drivers now. I'm right now averaging about 380ft now with those 2 discs.

Edit: no sorry I don't have the stuff to make a video,I have an old school phone and no other way to record it

Latest posts