• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

looking for input

fasteddie

Eagle Member
I've played for a full season. I've pretty much forced myself to carry six discs a round, interchanging things I liked or disliked. I plan to buy a bigger bag to allow carrying multiples and rotate plastics. valk, wraith, blizzard ape (new edition to the bag), cobra, lycan (newer) , and dart. I'm looking for feedback. Have you used a disc that's listed here and found one that worked better? Is there a slot I should fill or focus on? I think I need to fill a stable putter slot, suggestions?

First post, please don't flame..haha

thanks all.

welcome aboard

The wraith and ape may be beyond your ability yet, but it's cool to have fun throwing them. I would suggest something like a Leopard or QJLS to fill the fairway driver gap.

as far as putters go, i suggest picking only one putter and using it until it physically crumbles to dust. You can hyzer, anhyzer, flick, roll, flip, flop, putt with any stability of putter.

Get a lighter Star TL and watch that thing work its magic. Point and shoot accuracy driver. Ape... I'm guessing your not making up any strokes with that thing, but I could be wrong.

I have only been playing for a season as well. I use a wraith for FH but definitely not for BH. Try out more stable drivers like the sidewinder, striker, or avenger ss. All three of those have been great for me. Also get a buzzz for a midrange disc because it flies super straight consistently. :D

Get a lighter Star TL and watch that thing work its magic. Point and shoot accuracy driver.

Seconded. Try a DX Teebird as well. Both will end up giving you a little less than max distance, but will be far more accurate. I'd also suggest a Comet in X plastic as a workhorse mid. Have fun!

I have only been playing for a season as well. I use a wraith for FH but definitely not for BH. Try out more stable drivers like the sidewinder, striker, or avenger ss. All three of those have been great for me. Also get a buzzz for a midrange disc because it flies super straight consistently. :D

I think you mean, less stable drivers..

Last edited:
No do not buy the Comet!!

I second the guy who said buy a Buzzz. I'd do a Wizard or Anode if you can only have one putter. The valk is my favorite driver. I'd say the Ape isn't at your skill level. Replace it with a fairway. I loved my cheetah till' i lost it.. It was the old dx plastic that was durable.. Sidewinder is great but is an understable driver. Mako is a fantastic mid-range that fixes itself everytime i throw. Everytime it finds it's way within 5ft of the basket.. It bounced out of the basket once from 100ft out :( also the vector is a fantastic headwind mid-range but now im getting way too complicated. Buzzz and Wizard.. Add em!!

I'd say buy a comet and ditch the lycan. :thmbup:

Get a Star Coyote around 170 figure out how to throw it hyzer, sraight, and anhyzer (any other nuetral mid works) it helps to have a mid and be able to make it do dif. Things took me a while to figure that out

Why on earth would you say that? Comet is a disc that everyone should have, if not in the bag then as a diagnostic tool at the very least.
this!!^^^ comet is a great teaching tool. i learned good form with a latitude core, but both will tell you when youve done something wrong.

Welcome. I threw a DX dart (bought it because i thought the name was cool...) for about a year while I upgraded my mids and drivers to premium plastic (since my local courses are very wooded and would chew up DX plastic). I only threw my putter inside 50'. I kept NOT replacing it because it was fine wear wise - I never hit a tree because I never drove with it. Around Christmas I obtained several different molds of putters, and began to be able to appreciate the value of the putter for more then that 10' shot into the chains. I fell in love with the JK Aviar for putting and I use a KC Aviar for driving (and have a medium ion waiting to go out this spring) - I like the feel of a beaded putter. Try out, or at least hold some other putters (friends, stores, etc). If you love the dart, then start to expand how far out you throw it. If you have lots of trees, then I would get a star-echo or champion (or maybe it's star) dart so it wont get chewed up as much and then keep your original dart for putting duties.

I also second the mako. For me personally it's become my go to mid. I like the feel better then the Roc.

A Comet, an Avenger SS, and an Anode. These discs will show you problems in your form. I myself have been playing just over a year now, and thanks to the Comet, I'm able to consistently stay under par. I fell into the "faster disc = more distance" trap the first two or three months I played. Throwing Bosses and Nukes are fun, but a 400' drive does you no good if you land 300' in the wrong direction.

Latest posts