• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Looking to downsize...input wanted

jbrian24

Bogey Member
Hello folks,

I currently carry a Lat 64 luxury bag, and love it, but have discovered that I am carrying too many discs that I never throw. Instead of continuing to carry these filler discs I am looking for input/opinions on the best backpack bag to carry 12-14 discs not including putters. I am thinking about the Grip C14, but have never carried a grip bag. Open to hearing more about that one as well as any others you guys know about. Thanks for your input.

I really really like my c14. It's a fantastic bag. It was my first backpack. I loved it at first, but thought I needed more discs so I went out and bought a full size backpack. I played one round with a full size backpack and went immediately back to the c14. It's sooooo much more comfortable then a big bag that the capacity tradeoff is well worth it. If you like to carry a lot of extra junk you might have an adjustment as there is very little storage. The c14 thread here is full of lots of pictures and discriptions

I've found 16 to be the best number of discs to carry in it. 3 putter, 3 mids, 10 drivers for me

I get what you're trying to accomplish, but having a larger bag, I find is better for tourneys, just so you can have a few back ups

Does it have to be a backpack? I use a Fade crunch box and it seems to be about the size you are looking for. Solid little bag. You can slap some straps on there and it would serve you well.

Thanks for the input guys. I have a crunch box that I used to carry with quads on it. I switched to the backpack when weather got cool and I was likely to have to shed layers. I also have a DD soldier bag, but that holds several discs also. I may try carrying my crunch box again, I just find the backpacks to be more comfortable. Will look into the c14 or c15 and the shift. Thanks again!

I really really like my c14. It's a fantastic bag. It was my first backpack. I loved it at first, but thought I needed more discs so I went out and bought a full size backpack. I played one round with a full size backpack and went immediately back to the c14. It's sooooo much more comfortable then a big bag that the capacity tradeoff is well worth it. If you like to carry a lot of extra junk you might have an adjustment as there is very little storage. The c14 thread here is full of lots of pictures and discriptions

I've found 16 to be the best number of discs to carry in it. 3 putter, 3 mids, 10 drivers for me

As a very happy C14 owner and former carrier of a Grip L-Series big backpack I fully endorse this post. 3 Putters up top and 13 discs down low. :thmbup:

Very close to putting my L-Series on the Market Place as I simply don't use it anymore. The C14 is ideal for the non pack-rat looking to carry your plastic and a few of the basics (wallet, phone, keys, minis, etc...) Good luck!

The New Shift

You can pre-order them now - and they're baddass - light as a feather and will hold as many as 16 discs comfortably. The best part, you don't have to carry that many. With other backpacks, if they aren't packed to the gills, discs just rattle around. You could carry 8 discs down the spine of this pack, leave the side stretch panels empty and be just fine. No bouncing around.

http://upperparkdesigns.com/products/shift-preorder

I use a Lat 64 and carry approximately 15 discs (+/- a few here and there). Never have I felt the need to carry "filler" discs as you call them, and I have never once had an instance where I felt like my discs were jumping out of the bag because they weren't jammed in there.

If you WANT another backpack don't feel the need to rationalize your decision, just buy one.

Thanks guys, Ive gotten some really good input from a lot of you. I also got absolutely nothing from one of you. Thanks again to those of you who gave the information I was looking for without being an a$$.

I use a Lat 64 and carry approximately 15 discs (+/- a few here and there). Never have I felt the need to carry "filler" discs as you call them, and I have never once had an instance where I felt like my discs were jumping out of the bag because they weren't jammed in there.

If you WANT another backpack don't feel the need to rationalize your decision, just buy one.
^ this all day. No need to justify any disc golf purchase for anything anytime. It's just too much fun to acquire all of this awesome gear everyone keeps pumping out. DG FOR LIFE!