• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Looking to fill holes in bag

Donkey_Kicked

Bogey Member
Vitals:
Years playing/experience: DG 2 months; Football and Track
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right-handed
Throwing Style: RHBH, some Front Hand
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver: Aviar: 200'; Shark: 250; Teebird: 310' Dominator: 410'

* Max distance is the greatest distance you can throw your top 2-3 drivers with any regularity

Optional:
Sex:
Injuries/handicaps?: N/A
Other sport proficiencies?: Football and Track
What do you like/dislike about your current bag?: What holes to I have in my bag?

Specific areas of desired feedback: I need to improve accuracy with my drives and putts.
Immediate and long-term goals: I'd like to have more consistency in the short-term, and gain some additional distance in the long-term

My Current Bag:

Drivers (weight/plastic/model/(condition)/use):
175 Champ Dominator, (new and stable) - main driver
175 Dx Wraith, (new and overstable) - havent used it much
172 EchoStar Valkyrie (new and understable) - havent used much, courses never get me take it out
175 Echostar Teebird, (new) - short drives, overstable
172 Champ Banshee, (new, rescued disc from creek) - overstable/headwind
167 Star TL (used, havent gotten out to throw this one another creek rescue)- stable shots
175 Dx leopard (new, understable disc) - used to throw around trees

Mids:
180 Dx Stingray (new understable) - used to pitch around trees or tail winds
167 & 176 Echostar Mako (new stable) - Straight shots, and short straight teeshots
177 Gstar Shark & dx shark 180 (Former is brand new, later is slightly used)- over stable shots in head winds, i love the sharks similar to rocs but dont fade as much

Putters:
170 Champ Aviar & 175 Dx Aviar (Both slightly used and stable) - the first is my main putter, my very first disc and the other is used for upshots

I have other discs ive rescued from the creek and that i own but have fallen to the wayside: 171 Champ Dominator (long lost disc returned to me by a good Samaritan),172 Star Katana (No name creek rescue), 139 Champ Wraith (too flippy), 175 Beast (no good luck with this disc), Pro Dragon (unsure of weight and also to flippy), 2 175 dx leopards ( I already have 1 in the bag), 175 R-Pro Hydra (why do i have this disc?), 175 Aviar (for putting practice), 160 Classic Aviar (creek rescue, for putting practice)

Let me know your ideas and suggestions!

If you're looking for a good mid I'd highly recomend a gator for those windy up shots you just need to park. It has a reliable fade and low glide so its good for headwinds.

The valkyrie is my favorite disc. I have it in DX and champ for variohs stabilities. Id dump the speed 12 and up drivers but keep one. Stingray is a great disc, usable as a driver. For putting improvement, id highly recommend any practice basket from Dynamic Discs.

I really like my Dominator, I throw it really well forehand and backhand... I don't really use my wraith though

Verdict is my overstable mid. Great disc that will always come back for you, even in huge winds, and Lucid plastic is so good.

Like the Stingray in there. My playing partner uses one and hits great shots with it.

Must be lots of holes in your bag since you threw all your discs in a creek. ;)

Are you really only throwing your putter 200 feet? Seems really short for a guy hitting 400+ feet. I barely throw 320 but can get my putters out to 240ish. What method did you use to acheive these numbers? Not trying to be mean but you may not throw quite as far as you think and if that is the case, you may need to disc down a bit and minimize the amount of both discs and molds you carry to work on form.

Yes yes... that day i was overly frustrated... the putter distance was a guess at what I used to throw... the 400 ft throws(that I measured) were achieved both backhand and forehand... I've been trying to work on my form lately

Yes yes... that day i was overly frustrated... the putter distance was a guess at what I used to throw... the 400 ft throws(that I measured) were achieved both backhand and forehand... I've been trying to work on my form lately

Yes but how were the distances measured? GPS? Wheel? Football field? Range finder? Using your eye balls? How many throws did you measure? Etc. ? Or did you just "guess" to get that 410?

I suspect that with proper form you could get your putter and that Shark a good bit farther out than the numbers you said, especially if you're getting your driver out to 400 ft.

As to your bag, it looks okay. I'd consider adding a very overstable mid, such as a Gator. You might also consider putting with the baseline plastic (DX) and upshots with the more durable plastic (Champ). Over time, many DGers seem to go that way, including myself.

I have a dry drainage basin near me, I borrowed a wheel from my job and marked off intervals of 100 200 300 400 and 500 ft... the extra 10 feet was the guesstimate

I'm currently working on my form, the putter and mid ranges were both guesstimates at the time, I really only checked how far my driver went... I'll look into a gator, and the plastic choice idea makes sense now that I think about it

Must be lots of holes in your bag since you threw all your discs in a creek. ;)

Are you really only throwing your putter 200 feet? Seems really short for a guy hitting 400+ feet. I barely throw 320 but can get my putters out to 240ish. What method did you use to acheive these numbers? Not trying to be mean but you may not throw quite as far as you think and if that is the case, you may need to disc down a bit and minimize the amount of both discs and molds you carry to work on form.

What do you think i should disc down to?

If you are having to fill holes in your bag, I would suggest you buy a better quality bag. :D

Ummmm form work. Throw super class for a while, when you go back to sharp discs you'll be amazed at how much smoother your form will be and how fast a putter a flies.

Ummmm form work. Throw super class for a while, when you go back to sharp discs you'll be amazed at how much smoother your form will be and how fast a putter a flies.

Doch, ich verstehe... would just a regular aviar be alright? I really dont want to spend more on discs...

Latest posts