• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Losing my favorite disc

tampora

Eagle Member
My favorite disc was a champion eagle. I pretty much used this one disc (and a putter) exclusively for years before I started to expand my collection.

One day, I was playing at a course in Jamestown, North Dakota. On one of the holes, I shanked my drive with this disc and it went deep into a good-sized river. For people who play with a full bag of discs, you can't imagine what it's like to lose your one-and-only, your favorite, your ace disc. Unlike my drive, I was crushed.

Months later and 90 miles away in my hometown of Fargo, I'm browsing the used discs at Disc-go-round when I notice another similar Champion Eagle for sale. Upon closer inspection....low and behold, it's my disc! It still had remnants of my initials and the signatures of folks who saw my aces. I had to buy it a 2nd time, but I was thrilled to do so.

To this day, it's still my #1 disc.

:thmbup: Excellent story. Put it on the shelf on a stand or in a frame. Too good of a story to risk. Save it forever.

My favorite disc was a champion eagle. I pretty much used this one disc (and a putter) exclusively for years before I started to expand my collection.

One day, I was playing at a course in Jamestown, North Dakota. On one of the holes, I shanked my drive with this disc and it went deep into a good-sized river. For people who play with a full bag of discs, you can't imagine what it's like to lose your one-and-only, your favorite, your ace disc. Unlike my drive, I was crushed.

Months later and 90 miles away in my hometown of Fargo, I'm browsing the used discs at Disc-go-round when I notice another similar Champion Eagle for sale. Upon closer inspection....low and behold, it's my disc! It still had remnants of my initials and the signatures of folks who saw my aces. I had to buy it a 2nd time, but I was thrilled to do so.

To this day, it's still my #1 disc.

Great story.

Good story...soo you still throwing it?

Unfortunately, yes. I'd like to wall it, but it's tough to do. At least now I (try hard to) leave it in the bag when water is around.

I've bought a couple other champ eagles for this reason, but they compare like apples and oranges. Hopefully, it's just a matter of eventual wear and tear, or, me misreading the illegible weight off my master disc.

On a side note, all three of my aces were with this disc, one of which was the first time I threw it. A buddy pulled it out of his bag and said, here, try throwing this one instead. ....... moments later..... CHING!. "Uhhh, can I buy that disc from ya?" Talk about love at first sight....

Last edited:
never be scared to throw any disc at any time. This will make you a better player. there is no disc in my bag that I will not throw because there might be a possibility it wont be coming back. Just throw the shot.

Great story. And I understand how hard it is to give up a disc, even an ace disc. I still carry my 1st ace disc (avatar pic). I've tried to retire it but none of the replacements I've acquired fly the same. Good luck with it.

Great story. And I understand how hard it is to give up a disc, even an ace disc. I still carry my 1st ace disc (avatar pic). I've tried to retire it but none of the replacements I've acquired fly the same. Good luck with it.

Lost my fav eagle, guy called me tried to meet...never happened.

My buddy lost his nuke ace disc in a river on a course we play all the time and we tried to find it but eventually gave up...we have a guy who searches the river in a wet suit every morning so we figure since it had ACE written on it with date time and witness signiture as well as contact information he would call if he found it. Well two days later we see the guy set up selling disc and we look through his stuff and he found it and took a sharpie and marked out EVERYTHING on the disc and told my buddy if he wanted it back he would have to buy it back. :mad: Would of had no problem with that if it was a normal disc but to have the nerve to do that with someones ace disc......

Lost my fav eagle, guy called me tried to meet...never happened.

My buddy lost his nuke ace disc in a river on a course we play all the time and we tried to find it but eventually gave up...we have a guy who searches the river in a wet suit every morning so we figure since it had ACE written on it with date time and witness signiture as well as contact information he would call if he found it. Well two days later we see the guy set up selling disc and we look through his stuff and he found it and took a sharpie and marked out EVERYTHING on the disc and told my buddy if he wanted it back he would have to buy it back. :mad: Would of had no problem with that if it was a normal disc but to have the nerve to do that with someones ace disc......

I'd tell him he can have $5 for his troubles, but that's my F*ing disc and I'm taking it back. It is illegal to do what he is doing. If you posses someone elses property without permission it's theft. Your information was on the disc and he wrote over it. Thief. I've called the law in regards to disc divers having my plastic in their bin and them not willing to give it back to me even after I offer five dollars for their efforts (he wanted $10) and they not only got me back 3 discs, but made him call every phone number on the discs. Quite humiliating for the divers!

Latest posts