• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost Disc - Your opinion

What do you do when you find a disc that has been marked with name/contact info?

• Return it

Votes: 208 86.3%
  • Keep it

Votes: 33 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
These polls are pretty useless about returning discs for lots of reasons. The biggest is most people are going to say they return them on a DG websites poll. If the poll was "would you run into a burning building facing certain death to save a baby would you do it?" 95% of the people would say they would when I guarantee if they were faced with the actual reality of that situation they wouldn't do it in real life. I think the returning discs topic is along those lines regarding inaccurate poll numbers. Lets make a poll that says are you a dirty scumbag? 1. yes 2. no, lets all act surprised when overwhelmingly the poll answer is no.

This topic has been beaten to death, then buried in the pet cemetery and revived and then beat to death again. Let it die please.

I agree Terry, every time all it does is piss me off, I HATE people that do not return numbered discs. I have lost sooo many its nuts. I dont get why even still call. I guess I have morals. Anyway, you are right, I can go a long time with out visiting this topic again.

If you find a lost disc the rules of the game state that you have to fight the rancor for it.

sw_universe26.jpg

From what I hear, he has quite a collection. :)

I agree Terry, every time all it does is piss me off, I HATE people that do not return numbered discs. I have lost sooo many its nuts. I dont get why even still call. I guess I have morals. Anyway, you are right, I can go a long time with out visiting this topic again.

I would either put a bunch of information on them like : name, phone number, email address, pdga number, dgcr number just hoping they would contact you through one of those avenues or I wouldnt even mark them at all. I didnt mark discs for like 10 years till I statred playing tourneys and you had to mark your disc. I dont lose many discs (maybe 2 a year average). Plain and simple truth is if you leave the park without your disc you probly arent going to get it back.

I just sold several discs to a buddy of mine who lives about 50 miles from me and plays different parks then I do so I told him "you probably want to erase my info and put your info on these discs" and he said "no, nobody's going to return any of them anyway". It was kind of funny and at the same time not because its true. Maybe he will lose them and someone will return them to me? lol

lol, its kinda funny that my discs have more then just my name and number on them, they also have a description of the kind of person that does not return discs....
Some examples below

Attachments

• DSC02598.JPG
    DSC02598.JPG
    116.4 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC02599.JPG
    DSC02599.JPG
    111.3 KB · Views: 42
I am JOE SCHMOE, I am a fellow DGer. just cause I am not PDGA registered does not mean you should not return my disc to me. If I see you with my disc, I will kill you. Have a nice day.

the only thing worse that not returning a disc is reviving a lost disc thread.

lol, its kinda funny that my discs have more then just my name and number on them, they also have a description of the kind of person that does not return discs....
Some examples below

yeah, I like your aproach. That might nudge someone whos on the fence about whether to call or not to actually call.

the only thing worse that not returning a disc is reviving a lost disc thread.

5 bad things

#5 fart in elevator
#4 cheat on your stroke count
#3 punch mother in face
#2 kill baby puppies
#1 starting/reviving lost disc thread

Some examples below

I can just see a Church group finding your disc in the park. That would be interesting. I just hear the call now " Hello?" Well, hello Reverend----->:doh:

I can just see a Church group finding your disc in the park. That would be interesting. I just hear the call now " Hello?" Well, hello Reverend----->:doh:

We must play together next job I get in Houston, I saw the pics of the Humble course, and I must say (In the words of Darth Vader) "Impressive, Most Impressive"

Lol'ed at Scarpfish's Rancor comment. What is that growing out of his left knee? Rancor should get that checked out, it could be cancerous.

Then you really shouldn't say something like that if you don't mean it.

I am going to kill you and I really mean it :)

Then you must be doing something wrong. Here is a thread that might help you.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9333

Nothing can stop being new (I hardly ever loose discs) and beer.

You are still a D-bag for not calling, period.

Did you earn that disc no, maybe you should start calling all the numbers of the discs you have nearly stolen, it might make you feel good about yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.