• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost Disc - Your opinion

What do you do when you find a disc that has been marked with name/contact info?

• Return it

Votes: 208 86.3%
  • Keep it

Votes: 33 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't matter if it has a pdga number on it. It's not your disc. If you found someones wallet would you just take their stuff out, throw it away and keep it? Just because you don't get yours back, doesn't make it right. I have lost several and not gotten them back. I can't justify it to myself that I deserve to keep what's not mine because I didn't get mine back.

if you walk away from it, its there for someone else to salvage.

You're not a thief if you find a disc that someone has given up on. You're a moron. Someone obvs didn't care enough to keep looking for it. When I lose a disc I think to myself "someone is gonna find this and get just as much use out of it as I just did."

obvs? OBVS? are you too lazy to type the extra 5 farking letters? And how do you know that someone 'gave up' on a disc vs. maybe they just didn't look in the right spot???

Good god, I'm glad i don't play in your town either, and I hope you lose a bunch of your **** by other people following your line of thinking.

What a dick! :doh:

seriously...another one of these topics?

Look, some take them and some try to return them. That's it and it's not very interesting. Really not interesting. not not not not interesting at all really...

seriously...another one of these topics?

Look, some take them and some try to return them. That's it and it's not very interesting. Really not interesting. not not not not interesting at all really...

I like to take 4-5 of them and hot glue them together into a bird house. :\

Let's get one thread for disc divers and finder keepers.One for straight edge callers. And one for those in the middle like me- I call on every disc I find but am not about to start calling the numbers on the used plastic I buy.
First could have tips on taking off ink, bags with stash pockets to hide discs, and clothes that are breathable yet still camo for hiding behind trees and stealing discs. Second could have cell phone plan recomendations,shipping price listings, and market value suggestions for swamp discs. And the third could have questions like " how do I offer smoke in a polite way" and "what quality/how many beers do I offer". :)

Seriously, how many of these do we really need?

blank_facepalm_224.gif

this is the same as katanas threads. you did noy even nedd to search, this topic is still fresh.
I am so sick of this exact thread over and over.

it is a JOE SCHMOE with just a number on it then i keep it and color over the number. im sorry to any of you that think what i do is wrong. nobody would return a star destroyer to me. but if a pdga number is on it then i will return it if they come to me

I am JOE SCHMOE, I am a fellow DGer. just cause I am not PDGA registered does not mean you should not return my disc to me. If I see you with my disc, I will kill you. Have a nice day.

I'd Vote but i dont see "try to return it"

Half the time i have called the number on the back and i get either no answer and left a message w/a call back...or the damn number is no longer in service.:wall:

so i try!

I am JOE SCHMOE, I am a fellow DGer. just cause I am not PDGA registered does not mean you should not return my disc to me. If I see you with my disc, I will kill you. Have a nice day.

Sorry but instead of killing someone over a disc, you could spend a little time and effort and keep up with them yourself. If you can't do that, and you would kill over a lost disc, maybe disc golf isn't the sport for you. Oh, and you have a nice day.

Now for the original post, it depends on where I find it. If I find it on the fairway or basket, sure I will call and leave it somewhere so they can get it whenever they want. If I find one in weeds or shule, I will ask around at the course but probably won't call. If I decide to go disc diving and find some, I am not gonna call. Really just depends on the situation.

Sorry but instead of killing someone over a disc, you could spend a little time and effort and keep up with them yourself. If you can't do that, and you would kill over a lost disc, maybe disc golf isn't the sport for you. Oh, and you have a nice day.

Now for the original post, it depends on where I find it. If I find it on the fairway or basket, sure I will call and leave it somewhere so they can get it whenever they want. If I find one in weeds or shule, I will ask around at the course but probably won't call. If I decide to go disc diving and find some, I am not gonna call. Really just depends on the situation.

Firstly,
The whole thing about "I will kill you" was a bit of a joke, perhaps if you cant take one then DG is not the sport for you good sir.

Secondly,
There is NO reason what so ever for not calling a number on the back of a disc. I personally have no use for a disc in my bag with someone elses name on it. I work hard to have the things that I earn. Even if I go diving for my disc and pull out a few, if they have numbers, I call. That being said, you are pretty much the slime of the earth if you do not make an effort to return a disc that is labeled as someone elses. I understand that part of the risk of the game is loosing a disc or two, but, its dirtbags like you that bring almost as bad of a name to the sport as the brown bag drunks that frequent the course.

Long story short, its not yours, you did'nt earn it, return it.

:wall:

welcome to the site Mrs. Tiggy

oh that could be read either way

Maybe all the disc non-returners are just 'redistributing' the discs for the common good. What good little comrades. To them it doesn't matter who bought, lost it or paid for it. They can justify anything to get someone else's stuff. Just ignore them and move on, they are not worthy of your time or thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.