• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost Disc - Your opinion

What do you do when you find a disc that has been marked with name/contact info?

• Return it

Votes: 208 86.3%
  • Keep it

Votes: 33 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
How bout this one for ya though....

Was playing at in Crowley today and a group of 10 of us were throwing hole 19. Groupe of 5 were throwing 3b. You know, there's a creek seperating the two fairways that run parallel to each other.

Anyway, this dude's girl friend or whatever throws that typicall newb hyzer (no offense guys, we've all been there) and it splashes. He goes down the embankment, bushes, h2o is 3 ft deep and starts rummaging through the underbrush. I see the disc and point...

"Hey, I see it man, it's right there (pointing)". He continuosly keeps lookin in the bushes completely ignoring the 10 guys 30 ft away pointing at the disc.

AGAIN...

"I see the disc man, it's right there. walk to your left about 5 feet and it's 3 feet out from the bank"

"I don't see it. It's gone." he sais to the girlfriend...or whatever. They move on completely ingoring my pin-point accurate directions to the disc. (i do believe that our group had about 4 golden retrievers between the 10 of us)

Would you return the disc then??? WE SURE AS HELL DIDN"T!!!

..... prude punk

Was playing at in Crowley today and a group of 10 of us were throwing hole 19. Groupe of 5 were throwing 3b. You know, there's a creek seperating the two fairways that run parallel to each other.

Anyway, this dude's girl friend or whatever throws that typicall newb hyzer (no offense guys, we've all been there) and it splashes. He goes down the embankment, bushes, h2o is 3 ft deep and starts rummaging through the underbrush. I see the disc and point...

"Hey, I see it man, it's right there (pointing)". He continuosly keeps lookin in the bushes completely ignoring the 10 guys 30 ft away pointing at the disc.

AGAIN...

"I see the disc man, it's right there. walk to your left about 5 feet and it's 3 feet out from the bank"

"I don't see it. It's gone." he sais to the girlfriend...or whatever. They move on completely ingoring my pin-point accurate directions to the disc. (i do believe that our group had about 4 golden retrievers between the 10 of us)

..... prude punk

i wonder if the guy was scared of people why would you ingnore 10 people telling you where your disc is and not except any help "was he worryed his girlfirend would think less of him what a ben-da-ho"

AGAIN...

..... prude punk

wow, this really happened?!

true story.

2 of the guys in our group had a golden retriever battle for it....whoever gets it first.

true story though.

Recently I found a Champ valk and it had a number. So I called that number and it was disconnected. Then while playing leagues I asked around and one guy actually knew the guy. Then the guy showed up and I gave him the disc. :)

Lost and found

I will make attempts to call if there is a number on the disc. I also do alot of water recovery of discs. My rule on this is the disc is now mine, phone number or not. If you tossed it in the water, you know it, and your never going to get it. I would love to hear peoples thoughts on this. I am a very honest person and feel I am doing no wrong.

my rule of thumb has been and will always be to return it. With that said - if I lose one and it doesn't come back, that is cool. Until I see someone playing with it. Generally, I haven't had to say much to get it turned back over, but I would go "there" with it. I hate thieves, and will take every opportunity to show them how much :)

dude - I chucked one in the water yesterday. I would give the guy who pulls it out twice the cost of the disc new to get it back - you might want to call some people because it could be profitable. I gave the guy who got me back my beat in XL 30 bucks last time. A whole hell of a lot more than he would have got at the bargain bin.

I will make attempts to call if there is a number on the disc. I also do alot of water recovery of discs. My rule on this is the disc is now mine, phone number or not. If you tossed it in the water, you know it, and your never going to get it. I would love to hear peoples thoughts on this. I am a very honest person and feel I am doing no wrong.

Feel otherwise. If you find a disc with somebody's information on it, you need to at least call the person to make arrangements to return it. If you can't get in touch with them, if you don't find a way to reasonably get the disc back to them, or if there is no ink on the disc, only then should you consider keeping it.

For anyone else that is questioning whether to return a lost disc, PLEASE do a search on lost disc first. This ground has been covered thousands of times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts