• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Low fade shallow putter?

The Swan is the correct answer. Very straight to neutral putter, low fade and seems to be roll resistant. Plus almost nobody else throws them so they are usually in stock at you local online retailer. Just an added bonus.

The Swan is the correct answer. Very straight to neutral putter, low fade and seems to be roll resistant. Plus almost nobody else throws them so they are usually in stock at you local online retailer. Just an added bonus.

Swan has become my main putter, and Sloppy nailed it.

Summit is shallower, but more understable. Another worthy choice tho

The only worthy option that's not been mentioned yet is the PA4 from Prodigy. Slow and shallow.

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I put all of these in a spreadsheet and the Summit seems like the best fit on paper. It has the shallowest rim (1.2) of any ones recommended that has 0 fade listed for the flight numbers and its also slow (I like my putters slow).

I played around with my XD yesterday and could definitely use it as a putter if I had to. It feels great in the hand with the shallow rim and I'm fairly accurate with it but it's just a little faster than I prefer for a putter.

Loved the flight descriptions from the reviews of the Magic and Swan2 but they appear to be deep dish as well which is what I'm trying to get away from. Nova 1.5, Magic 1.5, Swan 1.4 compared to 1.2 for the Summit.

So I think I'm gonna put the summit up next for a trial period and if that doesn't work I'll keep trying others on the list. Putters are so much about feel so you never know until you try.

Loved the flight descriptions from the reviews of the Magic and Swan2 but they appear to be deep dish as well which is what I'm trying to get away from. Nova 1.5, Magic 1.5, Swan 1.4 compared to 1.2 for the Summit.

I loved the Summit on paper. Hated it in play. The lidlike feel just was not good for me. made it actually feel deeper than others. Swans and magics do not feel deep to me at all, and I have short fingers.

I played around with my XD yesterday and could definitely use it as a putter if I had to. It feels great in the hand with the shallow rim and I'm fairly accurate with it but it's just a little faster than I prefer for a putter.

The further out that I am with my XD, the most air that I give it... assuming there's head room. If nothing else, try it as your outside the circle putter/short-straight driver. It seems to take the least amount of effort-to-distance ratio as any putter I've tried hence, less need to change your form for the long ones. I don't even step through unless I'm outside of 60' whereas most other putter's that I've tried, I'm stepping through at 45-50'.

sorry I've been out of the loop for a while. Neither of those discs is listed on Gateway's website... Now I have to find money to buy these discs.

The one thing I always hated about driving with a Wizard was it always felt like the rim would catch on my finger tips at release.

Sounds like I need an XD.

For me, the main benefit with the XD, aside from making more putts, is side to side accuracy. Inside of 30', I hit metal 9/10 times so even if it's basket or top ring, you're not facing another 10-15' putt coming back the other way. Also, the confidence level that this brings helps me to ignore downhill, rollaway fears. Again, making or parking (via a bounce off) more putts.

For those that say Summit should I get soft or medium - gonna order one today. I'm a spin/finesse putter.

Regarding the Shaman - I was reading the interwebs forums and found a few comments about that one liking power. I'll only be using this one for inside the circle so not looking for anything power hungry. I like to finesse/float my putts in. Will the Shaman work for this or is it more of the "drill the chains" style?

dont buy vibram soft if you actually plan on using it for golf. i have a couple and only use them for catch or urban dg. they are way too soft for reality.

For those that say Summit should I get soft or medium - gonna order one today. I'm a spin/finesse putter.

Regarding the Shaman - I was reading the interwebs forums and found a few comments about that one liking power. I'll only be using this one for inside the circle so not looking for anything power hungry. I like to finesse/float my putts in. Will the Shaman work for this or is it more of the "drill the chains" style?

My wife recently switched to the Shaman and loves it, but she has a moderately aggressive hyzer putting style. It's not going to fly like your Nova. It is a great disc though and replaced my beat up Wizard for short understable drives and some approaches.

Have you tried a Polecat? A mid to high 160's DX may fly like you're wanting. It isn't really low profile, but IMO it's much better feeling than a Nova. But then again the Nova is based off of the Aviar and I've never felt an Aviar I liked.

A Discmania P3 is what you want. It's like a better version of the Pure (It lacks the two bizzarre and large areas of flashing that haunt the Pure, especially in Opto). It's flat and low-profile and flies pretty straight. The numbers list it as having moderate fade, but I find my C-line to have very little fade.

My wife recently switched to the Shaman and loves it, but she has a moderately aggressive hyzer putting style. It's not going to fly like your Nova. It is a great disc though and replaced my beat up Wizard for short understable drives and some approaches.

Have you tried a Polecat? A mid to high 160's DX may fly like you're wanting. It isn't really low profile, but IMO it's much better feeling than a Nova. But then again the Nova is based off of the Aviar and I've never felt an Aviar I liked.

Yep, love the flight of all lids like polecats and birdies. In fact the Nova flies a lot like these. It's kinda like if an Aviar and Polecat mated the kid would fly like a Nova. Love the flight of these - just don't like the deep dish feel. I believe it's probably the air drag on the back of those deep dishes that keeps them so straight even at super low speeds. I think I need someone to create a disc that defies the laws of physics. Is that asking too much?

Haven't heard it mentioned yet but, have you tried a Dart?

I have the same problem and I'm still looking for the perfect shallow rim putter (rim depth 1.3 or less). I have a few more to look into, but for now, it's a toss up between a Star Dart and a Lat64 spike. Just depends on the day. Inside 100ft, for me the Dart wins hands down.

You might try a DX Classic Roc. Very shallow, and very little fade especially after beating a bit. It might be a little fast for a putter though, since it was once a mid. But I thought I'd throw it out there for your consideration.

I started with DX for straight approaches, but now throw one in Star because I just love that plastic. Star might have a bit more low speed fade than you want.