• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Low Tops vs. Mids and High Tops

I have the Merrell Chameleon3 vent mid and they are the bees knees for cold weather. I have a pair of Merrell sandals for summer casual rounds and they've held up well over the last year. normally in the summer I wear low top trail running shoes. I may wear the Chameleons this summer too.

I never put too much thought into what shoes I play in. I've rocked a pair of Chakos, Berks, Chucks, flip flops, and cleats at one time or another. I've played barefoot for at least half a course after going in a ditch after a disc. My chucks have been getting the call lately, but if it's muddy I wear cleats. All my tees are dirt. The cleats and Chucks are high tops, but I don't get much support from the Chucks. All said and done, I prefer high tops because the ground is never level.

I rock low-top Merrels out on the course; but (due to my 2wice rolled ankles) I would like to move to some hi-top, goretex lined hiking boots. I need the ankle support me thinks.

I bought a pair of addidas kanadia tr2s for hiking/running as they do pretty well in a mix of terrain (rocks/mud/sand/concrete). I started using them to dg in and they have transferred over pretty well. They don't tear up as quick as my asics, which I love, and are fairly lightweight. I used to sidearm on 80% of my drives and I also slide my right foot when I do this. Every shoe I've played in before would have holes in them within a few weeks, but I've had these for almost a year and have no signs of wear. Don't know if this helped, but they are only about $50-60 online and they also came out with the tr3s recently. Might be a cheaper alternative.

Latest posts