• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Machete

discraft seems to do this every 10 years. 2007 a whole bunch of disc went oop.

Someone on Ebay is selling a Test Flight...

Looking forward to the release. This thing looks OS!

Attachments

• Captureb.JPG
    Captureb.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 113
  • Capturea.JPG
    Capturea.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 109
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    25.8 KB · Views: 132
Someone on Ebay is selling a Test Flight...

Looking forward to the release. This thing looks OS!

Thanks for posting those pictures. I'm not liking what I'm seeing though. It looks like it has that same uncomfortable bottom rim shape of the Predator. Like it's going to scrape the skin off my index finger if I try to throw it FH. The Crush was perfect. Why didn't more people buy it and keep it in production!?

Thanks for posting those pictures. I'm not liking what I'm seeing though. It looks like it has that same uncomfortable bottom rim shape of the Predator. Like it's going to scrape the skin off my index finger if I try to throw it FH. The Crush was perfect. Why didn't more people buy it and keep it in production!?

I'm not seeing that curl that Predators have (maybe my bad eyes and blurry pics). I don't care for the Pred's wing either and don't bag them. The Crush has a bit of that going on too, but not too bad. I think the lower height hides it. Straight wings like the now both OOP SL and Tracker, feel the best to me, but I must be in the minority.

I suspected the Undertaker was a Tracker with a tooled bottom, to make it a touch faster/lower, but this new disc looks like a Tracker bottom to me.

Attachments

• rim comparison.JPG
    rim comparison.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 116
  • machete vs tracker.JPG
    machete vs tracker.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 121
17554207_10154487048082253_8868831449969459486_n.jpg

The low profile of Discraft Machete is built to slice through the wind and into chains with unparalleled predictability. Use it with brute force to easily manage a headwind, or more like a scalpel for on-demand placement precision on a hyzer or flex shot.

Here's what Machete can do:

-Slices through moderate to heavy headwinds
-Delivers predictable placement precision
-A medium-width rim fits comfortably in most hands
-Very overstable but slower than Nuke OS, adding control
-Gives a distinct edge for forehand and overhead throws

This has the same 2.2 stability rating as a Venom. Is anyone familiar with them?

If you can control dome and get a disc to shape up flat, could it add .1cm to the diameter? I don't know much about injection molding.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 40
I remain skeptical about the 1.1 rim depth on my FH grip. With the Crush going OOP I think I will test this against an XCaliber to see which will work best for me.

Slower nuke os? Never knew I needed one until now.

Where can I preorder? Im probably lookin at a small stack of about 20.

I'm not seeing that curl that Predators have (maybe my bad eyes and blurry pics). I don't care for the Pred's wing either and don't bag them. The Crush has a bit of that going on too, but not too bad. I think the lower height hides it. Straight wings like the now both OOP SL and Tracker, feel the best to me, but I must be in the minority.

I suspected the Undertaker was a Tracker with a tooled bottom, to make it a touch faster/lower, but this new disc looks like a Tracker bottom to me.
That's my Ledgestone Tracker in the pic :) Cheers!

Gave the machete a couple tosses the other day as my buddy is on team discraft and has 2. These are pretty sweet, I threw it side by side with a 3rd run PD and it was shorter than the PD. Flies like a 10 speed, with decent glide, but its very nicely stable. Was throwing it 310-320 on forehand throws and nice healthy fade. I would highly suggest it for you discraft guys out there for the throws you probably wanted the predator to fill but this actually will.

This sounds perfect. I wish my preds were longer alot of the time but still controllable.
Should fit between Crank and Undertaker nicely. Ordered a red 173 gram from dgc and a X undertaker.

Hoping to get my bag down to 5 molds and cover any shot.

Latest posts