• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Machete

I've got a fresh big z 167g machete that I can actually get to hold a turn for awhile then slowly flexes out. It's my new "distance" OS disc. Then my 175g ZFLX machete in comparison is just a circus show, it's a completely different disc. Just as stable as the cryZtal sparkle nuke OS, if not more.

I've got a fresh big z 167g machete that I can actually get to hold a turn for awhile then slowly flexes out. It's my new "distance" OS disc. Then my 175g ZFLX machete in comparison is just a circus show, it's a completely different disc. Just as stable as the cryZtal sparkle nuke OS, if not more.

I have a first run 164 Z Machete and its all the stability I need. I can't get it to turn, but it'll hold straight much longer than my heavier Zs. Those I only release on annyflex lines.

Always on the look out for low 160s hot pink Machetes...

How you liking that weird ass stamp?

i have a 167 z that is just a meat hook. don't think i can throw it more then 200' unless it is on a thumber. but for skip shot and getting around corners quickly it has a secure spot in my bag.

I have a first run 164 Z Machete and its all the stability I need. I can't get it to turn, but it'll hold straight much longer than my heavier Zs. Those I only release on annyflex lines.

Always on the look out for low 160s hot pink Machetes...

How you liking that weird ass stamp?

Haha. It looks like they were going for a "Danny Trejo" machete character, but ended up goofy and cartoony. I'll be wiping it for sure.

The only reason I bought it was because I figured a lighter weight big z machete would be a bomber for FH's and it is. I would love to see how lighter ESPs fly.

I imagine the Z's are probably the most stable behind Ti and Z-FLX?

Got to throw one of these for the first time today. ESP, 173-174g. Plastic is beautiful. Disc is fairly flat.

Discraft rates the Machete at 11, 4, 0, 4.

In the hand, the Machete reminds me of a Firebird with a wider rim.

To be perfectly honest, I was disappointed with the Machete. I was looking for something with a Firebird type flight, but maybe 20' longer. What I got instead was a disc that was actually 20' SHORTER than the Firebird. Long story short, the Machete is an absolute brick of a disc. It doesn't glide at all, doesn't penetrate, and fades suddenly, and heavily. Right out of my hand the Machete started fading off and looking for the ground. This is NOT a disc that can be pushed hard for extra distance. Even sidearm I felt like it flew pretty clunky. Side by side with the Flick, the Machete was shorter and more overstable.

I'm not really sure what hole Discraft was attempting to fill with the Machete, but I didn't like the performance of it. I feel like the Raptor and Flick both do a better job in overstable roles. The Machete is too short for being 11 speed. I can get it to 300', but not much further. If you're looking for a long-ish overstable driver, the Machete isn't it.

My numbers based on what I saw today: 11, 3, 1, 5. Zero glide. This thing starts fading off right out of your hand. It fades HARD. The Machete hits the ground at a sharp angle and either lawn darts or goes skipping wildly away. IDK, I just thought this thing would be a little longer and mellower. Not the case.

You were just using it all wrong. The Machete is a great thumber/tomohawk disc.