• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Machete

Trial by fire tonight at my weekly dubs. I was messing with a Fireball/Felon/Crush for my fade, spikes, and skips. Trying to figure if I prefer the slower control drivers vs just ranging a faster disc. I've played an Ape round before, and actually wasn't too bad... The Machete will get a lot of use tonight. We'll see...

Initial thoughts:
The wing is shaped exactly like the Crush: mostly flat with the tiniest curl right before the rim. Just a tick wider.

On my lunch break, while setting up the course for tonight's weekly, I had the chance to throw them on one hole along with a fresh Crush. Same weights: 167g. I surprised myself and hit the exact same line with the three discs, and they landed a few feet apart. Headwind downhill dog leg left. A hard flat release, knowing how soon the Crush would hook up before going too long past the corner. The Machetes had the exact same fade. I think my Crush is a beefier one, despite being on the lighter side. PLH seems normal, but the flight plate is completely flat. I haven't thrown them since I quit more than a decade back, and only picked up one of the last runs as they were going OOP. Kind of a nostalgic purchase.

Anyway, the lighter weight Machetes I have, don't pull left (RHBH) immediately out of the hand like a Nuke OS or a Ledgestone Tracker. More testing tonight...

Last edited:
Infinite discs just put up their numbers for the Machete, and it's nearly identical to the Pred. 9/4/0/3 instead of 9/4/0/4. No user reviews up there yet. Discraft says it's longer, looks like infinite says no. Is this just a revamp of one of discraft''s best? I'm confused.

"Shorter nuke OS" was a lie. Maybe I am just in love with the nuke OS and would much prefer that to any other OS discs.. The mach are more or less like a revamped pred. Really depends on the pred you get too. And who knows about the production of the mach, they could change after the "first run" although DC typically doesnt pull that move.

Overall not bad, just another OS control fairway.

Just got mine @ the Post Office. Feel nice in the hand. Wider rim than the Predator, and not as sharp on the bottom. I am using a Hellfire for overstable shots shorter than a Force, and will throw them together at some point this weekend. First impression is that it doesn't feel as overstable as advertised.

KP

Just got mine @ the Post Office. Feel nice in the hand. Wider rim than the Predator, and not as sharp on the bottom. I am using a Hellfire for overstable shots shorter than a Force, and will throw them together at some point this weekend. First impression is that it doesn't feel as overstable as advertised.

KP

Does it have a plus rim like the Thrasher?

These feel really good, like the h3 and firebird had a baby

My dealer told me it's pretty much a crush OS. Put mine on a steep anhyzer into headwind for a flex shot and at 330 it still had wicked skip after landing. Flies like my champion teerex, just stupid OS. don't know why they made this, but hey I bought it so.....

Well it's reliable af in a 20 mph headwind...so there's that. It's got a wider rim than the Pred but not as deep so a little more comfy. For my purposes they're pretty similar. Perhaps a masher could tell a difference on a drive. As far as I'm concerned, it's a predictable right finishing (lhbh) fairway and utility that feels good.

My dealer told me it's pretty much a crush OS. Put mine on a steep anhyzer into headwind for a flex shot and at 330 it still had wicked skip after landing. Flies like my champion teerex, just stupid OS. don't know why they made this, but hey I bought it so.....

You're assuming no one wants this kind of overstability.

For me, this isn't stupid OS, but still fills the controlled headwind/downhill distance slot. This fights out of annys but not as aggressively as a Firebird, Felon, H1, etc. I was hoping for a mini Nuke OS, which would be...a Max.

Speed 9? That's off. It's a 2.1 rim width.

Just got mine in the mail. Havent thrown it yet but i will say this is a strange disc. Almost feels like a Force. Large fat rim and flat flight plate. I can grip it better than my predator because of the larger rim. I mainly want it to be a slightly longer predator. Used for hyzer spikes and forehands.
With the large rim it feels like a distance driver but this thing should be a glideless brick or low skip machine.
On initial looks, i would say it has to be speed 10 or 11

Does not appear the the Machete rim is slanted to me. The wing is less concave than a Force, but the nose is thicker at the edge. Jives with the flights I am getting. Less (marginally) HSS than a Force, and more LSS, slightly shorter, in terms of distance.

Mudchete

Very, very close to a ProLine Hellfire in feel and flight.

Mud

It took 10 days to arrive from discgolfcenter since they use FEDEX.....but it arrived.

I agree with Muddyboots.

It is windy where I live, I threw it on a few holes and thought Hellfire, and then kind of thought of it as a Junior Force, and noticed the blunt rim.

Also threw a new pancake flat Z Crush and it was much faster and farther.

I have been throwing Predators and Tsunamis for years, and would never replace them with a Hellfire, this will end up like the Hellfire, just not good enough to take up a slot in an already fully bag.

I like Discraft and the Jawbreaker Roach/Challengers have been a saviour for my putting game since I have dry hands and they have good grip, but Discraft needs to make an effort, they release a new disc and do not even post a vid on Youtube of Nate Doss throwing it....

Latest posts