• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Madison, WI in August

Bardu

* Ace Member *
I'll be heading to Madison, WI Aug 15-18. I might only get a day or two to devote to disc golf and once I'm in town, I'll be depending on public transportation to get to and from the course. In town it looks like the best options are:

Elver
Hiestand
Capitol Springs

I can't imagine public transportation extends to Vallarta-Ast/Token Creek. It looks like there is a tournament in Milwaukee that weekend, so I should be safe there. Capitol Springs looks pretty open. Would I be best spending my time at Elver and Hiestand? I'm going to assume the best time of day to play is the morning.

Any suggestions or advice from locals would be appreciated!

I'm a local. I like the city park courses more (elver, hiestand) opposed to the country park courses (token, capital). They just have a more variety of shots and are just more fun to play imo. Plenty of people like token the most and it is a unique course that is exceptionally maintained. I would recommend playing elver first, hiestand 2nd and then if you can play token. Token is about a 12 minute drive from hiestand and should be played if your in the area. Nothing terrible about cap springs but it takes a back seat to the other three. It's open and traditionally has the worst mosquitoes. If you're on Facebook post on the Madison page when you are here and I'm sure you'll find someone to play with.

I don't about the public transportation aspect but Elver and Hiestand are both better than Capital Springs IMO. Hiestand is my favorite of the 3 but all 3 are fun courses. Token creek is really good too. Better than Capital Springs for sure. There's also the one on the golf course which is unique and close to Capital Springs.

Played Vallarta Ast this morning. Such a solidly executed and well maintained course, you never have to wonder where the course fees are going.
Really a great course to kick off a road trip.

Nothing epic, but if I lived in the area, I'd play there all the time.

I didn't make it to Token Creek, but I did get to play Elver and Hiestand. Both were fantastic. More elevation than I anticipated. Nicely maintained too for moderately wooded courses. I'd love to play them regularly.

Played Vallarta Ast this morning. Such a solidly executed and well maintained course, you never have to wonder where the course fees are going.
Really a great course to kick off a road trip.

Nothing epic, but if I lived in the area, I'd play there all the time.

I have played Token and Capital Springs twice now from KC and it has opened my eyes to what a municipal DG course can be. For me it was epic... the whole DG atmosphere was something I rarely see... I only wish Kansas City had municipal courses at this same level.

I have played Token and Capital Springs twice now from KC and it has opened my eyes to what a municipal DG course can be. For me it was epic... the whole DG atmosphere was something I rarely see... I only wish Kansas City had municipal courses at this same level.

The KC area courses I played were reasonably well maintained, but ...

I don't think I've ever played a course with such nicely manicured, well defined fairways as Vallarta Ast. Dunno how often they mow it, but for my round, you couldn't ask for better conditions.