• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Magellan disc golf bag

Anyone else think this bag will kill the DIY bags out there?

Definitely. My jartop did its job and if I needed another I'd be looking at this. Thankfully my clock is ticking on my simian so I just need the ole jartop to hold out a bit longer.

What a bummer that they're not shipping to Europe!
Anybody willing to sent me one of those? ;)
-> PM

+ No Excuses

There are probably other custom bag makers out there who don't know they're custom bag makers ... yet. Might be a good cottage industry now that GB is being overwhelmed.

Got to see one of these in person yesterday. A friend ordered one and made a custom frame out of 1" pvc, and it was pretty nice.

It was heavier than i thought, but it was fully loaded with the frame, so i guess it would be.

I tried it on, and inspected it pretty thoroughly, my impressions are the same as others have said before. Its a really nice $30 bag. The combination of pricepoint, quality, aesthetics and functionality make this a really nice deal i think. It appeals to a wide variety of players . I might buy one and make a frame for it just to have a spare bag, just in case something were to ever happen to my mahal (unlikely, never know tho)

Got to see one of these in person yesterday. A friend ordered one and made a custom frame out of 1" pvc, and it was pretty nice.

It was heavier than i thought, but it was fully loaded with the frame, so i guess it would be.

I tried it on, and inspected it pretty thoroughly, my impressions are the same as others have said before. Its a really nice $30 bag. The combination of pricepoint, quality, aesthetics and functionality make this a really nice deal i think. It appeals to a wide variety of players . I might buy one and make a frame for it just to have a spare bag, just in case something were to ever happen to my mahal (unlikely, never know tho)

1" is over kill and makes the frame bulky and heavy... That is probably why it felt heavy (that and being loaded down with discs). I used 1/2" and it is plenty sturdy.

$11 plus tax at Ace (so you could probably get under $10 at HD or Lowes)

It's made of 1/2 pvc and I used

6 Tees
6 90* Elbows
2 45* Elbows

1 8' Stick of 1/2" water PVC

Cut list:

8-- 1" for coupling
2-- 3" to join the bottom together
3--10" for cross pieces
2--15" for the back (may check these yourselves as they apply the tension)
2--14" for the front (may check these yourselves as they apply the tension)

If you have any questions I'll try to answer them...

Fixing to build a frame but where did you pull that 6" out of :):

1 8' Stick of 1/2" water PVC 96"

Cut list:

8-- 1" for coupling 8"
2-- 3" to join the bottom together 6"
3--10" for cross pieces 30"
2--15" for the back 30"
2--14" for the front 28"

102"-96"=6"

The bag is definitely worth $30.

Fixing to build a frame but where did you pull that 6" out of :):

1 8' Stick of 1/2" water PVC 96"

Cut list:

8-- 1" for coupling 8"
2-- 3" to join the bottom together 6"
3--10" for cross pieces 30"
2--15" for the back 30"
2--14" for the front 28"

102"-96"=6"

The bag is definitely worth $30.

Maybe it's sold in 10' sticks... I bought two expecting to have to use both and was surprised when I didn't

Just got my bag, and boy am I happy with it. I also put the divider from my Innova Deluxe bag in it and it fits and works perfectly. The only thing I really don't like about the bag is there is only one pocket that could be used as the putter pocket which is also the only large storage pocket. So I have to choose whether I want a sweat shirt or rain jacket or to have easy access to a putter. Other than that I love this bag. I play a lot of mountain courses and this bag is perfect for them.

Got mine today! Only (very minor) complaints are the crappy drink holders and lack of dedicated mini/pencil pocket. I had been wanting to upgrade my Fade Tourney to a backpack but couldn't justify spending hundreds when my Fade was still working fine. I think this will work quite nicely.

Can anyone tell me how much the bag weighs including packaging? and its packed dimensions?
I want to order one (or two!) through hopshopgo or similar, but want to get a rough idea of the postage cost to the UK first, for which I need to know the weight and dimensions.
Cheers :)

Latest posts