• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Magellan disc golf bag

$11 plus tax at Ace (so you could probably get under $10 at HD or Lowes)

It's made of 1/2 pvc and I used

6 Tees
6 90* Elbows
2 45* Elbows

1 8' Stick of 1/2" water PVC

Cut list:

8-- 1" for coupling
2-- 3" to join the bottom together
3--10" for cross pieces
2--15" for the back (may check these yourselves as they apply the tension)
2--14" for the front (may check these yourselves as they apply the tension)

15313515910_b0d8aa30fb_c.jpg

15313514390_1ece66e237_c.jpg

If you have any questions I'll try to answer them...

I picked one up today! This is the only disc backpack I have ever owned. I held 2 putters 2 mid ranges and a mixture of 19 fairway and distance drivers. I could have fit atleast 5 more disc. It is flimsy but I think I can fix that!

Some background- I've had Carolina Revo with Phenix straps for years and a Fade before that, tried the Cabela and built a seat in it, tried the Target jartop with a PVC frame and the other $65 laptop-y one that was on this forum back in the spring. All of them had some issues that made the Revo a better choice. My Revo setup was normally 12-16 discs depending on the course; 2-3 putters, 4-5 mids and the rest drivers but 16 in a Revo always seemed too much for me. I can afford any of the current backpack style bags, but I also have a wife and kids so no longer can find the time for tournaments or all-day outings. Most rounds are done under 2 hours and then back to 'real life' stuff.

Picked a Magellan up on Thursday, they were so new that the shelf didn't have a price/UPC sticker for it and I grabbed the only one. Honestly, it looks sharp- not cheap-looking or flimsy, feels well made and surprisingly sturdy construction. I stuck 25 or more spares in there easily without using the quiver or putter pocket. If nothing else this would make a great storage/backup bag.

Got a round in with it this morning. I took the 14 from my Revo and added 3 others that I normally don't carry - a roller disc, back up putter and another US long range driver. It was still lighter than my Revo, with all that and more and never found a use for one entire side pocket. I also put a beach towel in the main compartment since we had massive rains last night and I knew it would be muddy. I also left my stool in the car because I wanted to see how picking it up over and over felt, and to see how easily the mud cleaned off- it took a half-wipe with a towel across the bottom to come completely clean. I'm more than amazed by the fit and "functionability" of this bag, and I'm even more amazed that it's only $30...I seriously cannot believe it, and I wouldn't be surprised to see a price increase before too long - capitalism just works that way :)

My only complaint is the bottle holders. I have a 16 oz LifeFactory glass bottle with rubber sleeve and it was very difficult to get in and out. However, I could have easily put more/bigger bottles or even a bladder in any of the unused space I had.

Feel free to ask any questions, but the only reason I see NOT to buy this bag if you are thinking of doing so is that you play dozens of rounds a week in tough terrain and crappy weather.

Got to take this guy out and play with it. I played two rounds, and wow, I really like this bag. VERY lightweight, comfortable. Way better than the Jartop elite I was using. I have 20 in the main compartment, and 2 putters in front. Could easily fit 1-2 more in the main, plus 2 more in the back pocket. The mini framing I added kept the weight way down and it held up wonderfully. Only negative compared to a ranger type bag is a bit less storage. But, the pockets on the side are big enough to fit lots of items.

The only drawback I see is the bottle pockets that clearly do not hold a 32 oz bottle. I rolled up a towel and stuffed the putter quiver so that my putters stuck out a la grip

The only drawback I see is the bottle pockets that clearly do not hold a 32 oz bottle. I rolled up a towel and stuffed the putter quiver so that my putters stuck out a la grip

I am assuming that the first pocket at the top of the bag is the valuables pocket. Does the frame still allow access to the pocket? I wasnt all that interested in this bag until I saw your frame mod. Now I am very interested.

I am assuming that the first pocket at the top of the bag is the valuables pocket. Does the frame still allow access to the pocket? I wasnt all that interested in this bag until I saw your frame mod. Now I am very interested.

The frame falls in between the two top pockets. It's perfect for that.

$11 plus tax at Ace (so you could probably get under $10 at HD or Lowes)

It's made of 1/2 pvc and I used

6 Tees
6 90* Elbows
2 45* Elbows

1 8' Stick of 1/2" water PVC

Cut list:

8-- 1" for coupling
2-- 3" to join the bottom together
3--10" for cross pieces
2--15" for the back (may check these yourselves as they apply the tension)
2--14" for the front (may check these yourselves as they apply the tension)

If you have any questions I'll try to answer them...

How did you get the frame in the bag?

Just ordered mine. I had just decided like a week ago to get a Ranger. Sorry Dynamic.

Ordered mine over the weekend. Have a salient helix now. Hoping to use this for casual rounds.

Ordered mine today. Hopefully it will be here before Reverse the Payne on Saturday. I'll post a write up and any pictures people want to see once it gets here. Looks like it will be my winter bag, leaving warm weather to my Innova comp bag.

Just out of curiosity, where is the bag manufactured?

I've already ordered mine online so it doesn't affect my purchasing decision - I'm just curious.

Anyone else think this bag will kill the DIY bags out there?

Latest posts