• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Magellan disc golf bag

as simple and cheap as pvc pipe is, I have always found it to bulky for the support it gives. I think I am going to weld up a frame with some 3/8 aluminum tubing. its probably not worth the time and effort but we shall see.

How will you get it in the bag once its welded up?

good point. I wondered how guys fit the pvc frames in. I was looking at a guys modded target backpack today and the pvc just looked bulky. maybe some corrugated plastic and a u channel divider. thanks kg

damn they raised the price! its now $39!!

still a great value at $39 but still... was epic value at $30 instead.

^at least its free shipping now (the promo for free shipping says orders over $39, but I just ordered one and it went through with free shipping). still it would've been nice to get a t-shirt or something and a DG bag for $40.

I plan on using this bag to hold all my extra discs in my car neatly. I've got a UPD The Shift backpack thats perfect for me on my regular/tourney rounds with 15-17 discs. But I want something that can hold a ton of discs for putting/field practice. This fits the bill perfectly.

This bag is an awesome value. The quality of it was much better than expected. As others have mentioned the zippers are not as heavy duty as the top of the line bags, but the material is great, and it's rather comfortable in my opinion. I was expecting to have to disc down a bit, but this thing holds a lot of discs. I have 21 discs (16 drivers/5 mids) in the main compartment, two putters up in the top zipper area with room for a third, and minis in the quiver. It was a nice surprise to find that you could also fit a couple of discs in each side pocket, or use one as an alternate putter pocket if you wanted to squeeze a sweatshirt in the top pocket. I have two rarely used utility discs in one side pocket, and a light jacket in the other. All and all, I don't think you could find a better new bag for under $100, bravo to Magellan.

All,

Thanks for the head up on this bag. I got my for $29. I add a $10 raincoat and got free shipping. Sorry to those who didn't get in on the deal before they jack the price up.

I pulled the trigger as well. Moving up from the Innova Standard bag. Pretty excited about it.

I plan on using this bag to hold all my extra discs in my car neatly. I've got a UPD The Shift backpack thats perfect for me on my regular/tourney rounds with 15-17 discs. But I want something that can hold a ton of discs for putting/field practice. This fits the bill perfectly.

Hard to beat the Sears 13" Tool Bag for this. Hold about 23 discs. They are often on sale for less than $4.

Hard to beat the Sears 13" Tool Bag for this. Hold about 23 discs. They are often on sale for less than $4.

I was literally about to go to Ace to buy a tool bag for my new job. Are you some kind of prophet?

I have around 8 rounds played with this bag, and I am still loving it. The divider from my Innova Standard Bag works great. It makes 16 discs sit much better in the bag. The zippers are the only con I can think of. However, I haven't actually had any problem with them yet. It just seems like it might be an issue in the future, considering how cheap the look.

I got one as a surprise birthday present in the mail today. sweet bag. Immediately switched from my fade tourney bag and loved it. It did sag due to the lack of frame, so I made one. Not out of pvc or rods, but rather out of wire hangers. Not the super flimsy ones, but the ones that take a little bit more to bend them. Each piece ended up looking something like this |________|. Then I put the pieces together and taped the corners. Seems decently sturdy, and the best part is, virtually no loss of space. Will test it tomorrow and in a tourney on Sunday to let you guys know how it holds up.

so when did 9 bucks become jacking the price up?

it was $29.00 before... now its $39... thats almost a 30% increase in price. thats definitely jacking it up.

still a great value though. hell I bought one at the new price without any qualms.

I bought one and installed the frame (thanks for the specs) but I had to shorten the long pieces by an inch each. I don't think the quality of the bag is great but it is good for the price. I think the zippers are weak but I think the straps and where they connect to the bag are more of a weak point. I'm also not impressed by the unpadded edge of the bottom board and the low quality plastic feet. Without the frame it holds 20+ discs and it seemed pretty stable as I could literally toss it to the ground and, as long as it landed flat, it sat. I also didn't have a problem finding a couple of bottles that fit just fine in the built-in holders.
Really though, the frame is what turns the bag into something I might use, which BTW, I have not done on the course yet (still need to armor the bottom). I'm surprised nobody else has mentioned the excellent handle that the frame creates or it's ability to be used as a stool. <That's huge! It's not perfect but I've had my 200+lb friends sit on it and it holds. So, because of the large capacity and the built-in stool / handle I might consider using this for tournament play but for casual play I prefer to use a crunch box with less than 10 discs. FYI the bag with the frame weighed less than 4 lbs empty and I could fit a light weight hoodie and/or a packable rain jacket in each side pocket.

So far, the frame I made is holding up well. It looks like crap outside of the bag, but you really have to look to even see it when it's inside. And I adjusted the putter pocket with black binder clips. I didn't use safety pins because I didn't want to put holes in it. Here is my frame & bag with the bells and whistles:
IMG_00201_zps6b89bade.jpg

IMG_00211_zps07b50dba.jpg

IMG_00221_zps2c978a70.jpg.html

IMG_00231_zps549228ff.jpg.html

I think I will use the pocket on the flap to hold a mini clip board. Seems like that would be a legit place to keep your scorecard.

it was $29.00 before... now its $39... thats almost a 30% increase in price. thats definitely jacking it up.

still a great value though. hell I bought one at the new price without any qualms.

Now the $39 meets the minimum for free shipping. $39 for a backpack bag still seems like a deal to me

my bag arrived today. its very very very good for $39 and free shipping. If you currently carry more than 17 discs in a typical shoulder bag and have been contemplating trying out a backpack style bag and are hesitant to spend money this is the bag.

its even cheaper than the freaking innova competition bag and disc carrier which are just basic 20+ capacity disc holders.

Latest posts