• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Magellan disc golf bag

Mine shipped saturday. It will be here Wednesday. I think I'm the perfect person to review this bag Cuz I think it was built for me. I'm a casual player of 2-3 times a week. My home courses (newport news and new quarter) are both pretty wooded so the bag will see a branch or two thrown at it. At this price point the bag is definitely designed for the causal player.

I am stepping up from a nutsac. I really only own about 14 discs and carry only 7 usually. My biggest concern is to fill the bag up.

Hate to sort of resurrect this thread again but wanted to post my thoughts

At 40 bucks I'd buy this again when it dies.

I only carry 14 discs and definitely need a frame and a few more discs to add a little rigidity to the bag

I walked a quick nine holes. Bag performed as expected. I had no intention of buying a 250 dollar bag. So this was a happy surprise as I really wanted a backpack style bag. Cheers

I made this framing of 3/32 ABS and used Velcro to keep it together in the bag and I added a a u cradle disc separator. I have $40 into bag I work in a plastic shop so ABS cost me nothing.

Attachments

• 20141124_180942.jpg
    20141124_180942.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 324
  • 20141124_181015.jpg
    20141124_181015.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 309
  • 20141124_181910.jpg
    20141124_181910.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 330
Holding bag
from strap with 22 discs in it and doesn't collapse.

Attachments

• 20141124_181941.jpg
    20141124_181941.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 295
Very cool mod. I like it. Would you be up to make me some of those pieces so I can do that. I would pay

Corrugated plastic cut in a similar design to the ABS works as well. Probably not as sturdy as yours, but it gets the job done.

This is template I made to cut the plastic. Make two of each then on the rectangle pieces I bent a 1/2 in on each side. I have the advantage that I work at a plastic shop and have a heat table to bend the plastic and a CNC to cut it. I have a CAD file if anyone wants it PM me your email and Ill send it in stp.DXF. DWG. OR IGES. format

Attachments

• 20141130_194242.jpg
    20141130_194242.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 273
  • 20141130_194259.jpg
    20141130_194259.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 162
Out of Stock again already - going to watch it like a hawk to see if I can grab one (or two)

I believe a products longevity depends on how well you respect your own stuff.

I have a Grip A Series that I give a decent clean after every round. Nothing crazy, I just take a rag and some warm water and clean the bottom well and clean the inside compartment where I place the discs. I also just clean off all the loose dirt and sand on the outside. Still looks brand new and functions great after a year of solid use.

Another thing I should point out is that my buddy accidentally ran my bag over with his truck in the parking lot. It was full of discs and all of my stuff, and it's still completely fine. Not sure the Magellan could stand up to that haha.

That's not something a buddy would do. How did your discs fare?

Anyone have any pics of where they placed their bagtags on this particular bag? Just looking for ideas on placement

That's not something a buddy would do. How did your discs fare?

The discs are actually what saved the bag from total destruction. They kept the integrity of the bag pretty solid, and it only suffered minimal damage. Just a small bend in the plate that you set the discs on. All the discs and everything else in the bag was fine.

Luckily it was an accident and he's a childhood friend. Forgive and forget, they say!

I made this framing of 3/32 ABS and used Velcro to keep it together in the bag and I added a a u cradle disc separator. I have $40 into bag I work in a plastic shop so ABS cost me nothing.

This is template I made to cut the plastic. Make two of each then on the rectangle pieces I bent a 1/2 in on each side. I have the advantage that I work at a plastic shop and have a heat table to bend the plastic and a CNC to cut it. I have a CAD file if anyone wants it PM me your email and Ill send it in stp.DXF. DWG. OR IGES. format

^you should totally make more and sell these man!

I know I'd pay $20 for it. Something like this would make the magellan's 100x more awesome.

seriously PM me if you're planning to make more and sell them.

Latest posts