• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Maine!

atvan

Birdie Member
I'm headed up to Maine this summer, for other reasons, but that ain't gonna stop me from discin'!

So, any good courses up there worth hitting? I'd love it if there was one a short walk from a campsite, so my dad doesn't have to play with me (he's an expert at losing my discs). Thanks in advance! It can be pretty much anywhere in maine, but a central loction would be nice, because we're going to be doing some day trips.

The only Maine course I've played is BAP. I wasn't a huge fan of that course, and I think you can do better. I know the Portland area has quite a few really nice courses.

I've only played Sabbatus and LaVallee, both have 3 disc golf courses onsite and are a lot of fun. Sabbatus is better groomed and more beginner friendly, LaVallee is a little rougher and more challenging, and more fun IMO.

Sabbattus, LaVallee, Acker's Acre's, CR Farms, Dragan Field, Enman Field, BAP (better than it sounds), Woodland Valley... These would all be courses I would consider hitting, probably in that order of importance too.

LaVallee looks nice, especially with the campsite there. Right? My biggest problem with it is how short ridgeline is, and much water there is on the other two. Can your 54 be spead across different times of day?

Sabattus looks amazing, but do you know if there are any campsite around? I also like the all day thing there.

I'm now thinking Ackers. How close is the camping?

Maine seems to have a lot of nice courses.

LaVallee looks nice, especially with the campsite there. Right? My biggest problem with it is how short ridgeline is, and much water there is on the other two. Can your 54 be spead across different times of day?

Sabattus looks amazing, but do you know if there are any campsite around? I also like the all day thing there.

Ridgeline is short but a ton of fun with lots of trees and elevation. I think you pay for an all day pass, so I don't think it would be a problem spreading your rounds over different times of day, the folks there seemed like really friendly helpful people.

how about this time of the year? Are these courses playable now ?

Sorry, this thread fell off my radar. At the time you asked, Dec-Jan timeframe, I would say no unless you don't mind playing in 6 or more inches of snow. They courses are open, I just think it sucks playing in the white stuff. A lot of people play all winter and a pretty common trick is to tape a balloon streamer to the middle of the bottom of the disc so you can find where the disc took a nose dive into the snow.

Best time to hit Maine is usually April - October. Spring mud can be a bitch though. Also, as of RIGHT NOW there is little to no snow anywhere. It's just crazy ass frickin cold outside. And windy.