• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Making a basket

somerbuch

Par Member
I've been wanting do this for a while now so i guess no time like the present. For the winter i wont be able to go out and play dg as much as i usually do so i decided to go out and build my own. So how does one go about doing this? Is there a site to view the certain measurements for it? what materials would be good yet somewhat cheap to use? Give me you're ideas or how you would do it. Any ideas a good idea.

There are a couple threads about this from a day or two ago...and those have some references to older threads as well. PDGA site has the specs on them, and the threads are full of ideas.

I was in the same boat as you, but by the time I went out and priced everything it would take to build a solid basket it was not worth the money. I didn't have any of items needed laying around. So I bought the Instep basket and will add a second set of chains. For now it allows me to put in the back yard and enjoy myself without leaving the house.

You can make a decent one for 20 bucks if you don't have any materials on hand.
Chain is about a buck a foot and is where the cost comes in.
You want more chain and the price jumps up.
You could use pvc (or wood, but pvc is cheaper), a free tire and some chain.
Some guy made one called the octopus that looks pretty decent and is portable.

I guess you are right it can be done. I am a snob in apperance and what I would want it to look like by the time I was done adding up all the materials I was only $15 shy of paying $99 to buy the instep. I figured once I put the time into making it the cost v.s. value was not great enough for me. The pipe is the easiest part to come by I work for a water treatment company and we have both grades of PVC, Black, Iron and what not around. Maybe I will make one for my second basket. Just need to ask for forgiveness from the wife for buying this one.

I have a friend that made one out of stuff he had lying around and i guess it works but its still kinda flimsy, but he used some sort of paper for the bottom part of the basket and when you hit it with a putter it just folds it and goes right in, i hate it. I'll ask my grandpa to help probably, he'll most likely pay for the parts and do it himself, probably the easiest way for me to do it lol.

Latest posts