• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Mako vs Mids

To the OP, you could probably get rid of the Roc and Skeeter. I'd keep the Gator and Kite with your Mako. Kite will be useful when you need uphill hyzer flips or try to do rollers, and the gator will hold up in crosswind/headwinds, do spikes and can forehand well. You will be able to cover about any mid shot necessary with those 3.

Mako is nice, but more often than not I skip it for another disc. I have played around with Cro, Spider, Kite, Stingray, and Prodigy M3&M4 mids this year. For my throwing I get more consistency with the spider. I can inadvertently overflip the Mako giving it a nice mini s-curve or right anhyzer. Yes, it is my form but I am gonna mention it. If someone is expecting a miracle straight disc, they may find the mako harder to throw straight than anticipated.

I am throwing Roc most often. Between the three in my bag they can do most any line within 200-250ft.

Mako is great for straight shots, turn overs and slight hyzers, still need the roc or buzzes and gator/drone IMHO

I agree. I carry the Mako3 in my bag, but I only use it on certain shots. It's a great disc to have on hand, but it's not always my "go to".

Latest posts