• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Maple Hill Open

Eco81

Double Eagle Member
Anyone what's going on with video coverage for the Maple Hill Open?

Unreal tourney at an unreal course.

Haha, just came here for the same reason!
Website lists this:
Live Coverage Schedule
Wednesday, June 24: 5:00-8:00 - Champ Skins
Thursday, June 25: 1:00-6:00 - Round 1 Champions Card
Friday, June 26: 1:00-6:00 - Round 2 Coverage
Saturday, June 27: 1:00-6:00 - Round 3 Coverage
Sunday, June 28: 11:00-6:00 - Round 4 Coverage

Anyone know who's going to have the coverage?

There were a couple locations last year with ****ty cell coverage that interrupted the live streams. Hopefully things have been upgraded/accounted for this year!

I think this tournament is easily one of the most photogenic. Everything about Maple Hill looks amazing and it really plays well for a broadcast despite it being a 'woods' course... which sometimes don't translate well without multiple cameras/etc.

Marty McProdigy is already slated to be filming, and Terry Miller will have the Smashboxx coverage. My best guess is that Miller has lead card Fri-Sun and McProdigy will probably do chase. We haven't quite gotten up to par yet with New England DG video coverage. I imagine both will pick different cards for Thursday. Of course this may depend on how Marty's boys do.

Winner: please, somebody other than McBeth win. I like Paul, but I'm ready for a different winner.

Can't wait. This thing is like an hour from my house and I can't get there this week.

I would imagine that Terry will be busy with featured card/lead card live broadcast all tourney. Marty can do his edited version of the same card. Dunno who else will be out there.

I'm flying up tomorrow and will be filming Doubles Skins on Wednesday, then Will + whomever is on his card throughout the tournament. Can't wait to see this course. I hear it is a treat!

I'm flying up tomorrow and will be filming Doubles Skins on Wednesday, then Will + whomever is on his card throughout the tournament. Can't wait to see this course. I hear it is a treat!

Awesome. I've been really enjoying your vids, thanks for all the time you're putting in...

Winner: please, somebody other than McBeth win. I like Paul, but I'm ready for a different winner.
It's possible, but as we've seen requires someone to get real hot with the putter every round because it's almost a fact by now that McBeast is gunna be banging ridiculous putts consistently. Such a beautiful thing!

Coverage of MHO

Smashboxx will be covering lead card Thurs-Sun. And I believe championship skins.

As far as the "signal" strength, there has been nothing done to change that. We will test our coverage before to see if any of the main cell providers has improved the coverage, but it is beyond our capabilities to improve something like that. So, we may skip 3 holes or so and cover another card and catch up with the lead card. Not exactly sure yet. Terry flies out tomorrow and we will know more.

Not sure what the plan for edited coverage is at this point. I am sure we will know more shortly.

So come Sunday if Will is on the leadercard might we see 3 film crews? SmashboxxTV, Disc Eye and Mcfly?

Absolutely love that course and will watch footage as it gets posted.

One minor disappointment to me is this year's TFR disc. The Maple Hill 2015 Granite Vibrams are really smeared looking as compared to some of the production runs, and in my opinion appear really messy (like in an old episode of the Simpsons when Marge gets a discount on a tshirt printed with her own face, because it got smeared). I have a 2014 Maple Hill Sole that I love, but won't get a 2015.

Screenshot_2015-06-22-09-17-01.png

Marge-t-shirt-smeared.png

I must say, I'm glad you're also coming up. I thoroughly enjoy your vids. I like Will, but even if I wasn't a fan of his, I still enjoy the vids you produce. Continue doing what you're doing. Welcome to New England. You are in for a treat!

I must say, I'm glad you're also coming up. I thoroughly enjoy your vids. I like Will, but even if I wasn't a fan of his, I still enjoy the vids you produce. Continue doing what you're doing. Welcome to New England. You are in for a treat!

Thank you! Working on the Final 9 of TN State tonight, although I might not get it posted until I arrive tomorrow evening. Come by and say hi if you're playing or watching!

Smashboxx will be covering lead card Thurs-Sun. And I believe championship skins.

As far as the "signal" strength, there has been nothing done to change that. We will test our coverage before to see if any of the main cell providers has improved the coverage, but it is beyond our capabilities to improve something like that. So, we may skip 3 holes or so and cover another card and catch up with the lead card. Not exactly sure yet. Terry flies out tomorrow and we will know more.

Not sure what the plan for edited coverage is at this point. I am sure we will know more shortly.

This is why I like to watch Marty's videos... I don't care if it is a few days later.

From the smashboxx Facebook page. I assume a link will be coming soon

As we discussed last week, there will be no show tonight. But, we will be back tomorrow live from Maple Hill!
See you then.

Latest posts