• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Marbling agents

I used red through the middle and then yellow and orange above and below the red streak, they are hard to see in the crappy cell phone picture but are a little more noticeable in person and even more so in the daylight.

I've been useing about 1/4 tsp. powder RIT disolved in 1-2oz. HOT water. Pour solution into hair dye applicator bottle add 1 or 2 small squirts of SC, stir with kabob skewer until creamy but not runny. Apply to SC bed or right on disc. When applying on top, I get pretty good color in 20min.-4hrs. depending on intensity and shade. If I'm actually marbeling the background of a whole disc I use a SC bed overnight, blah,blah,blah. Shelf life is only 20-30 hrs. SC starts breaking down, you can add a little SC to give it some body but it tends to get kinda bubbley/foamy.

So I think I am getting the hang of this marbling. I will be trying to leave more white in the next one. The colors really pop well. The camera doesn't really do them justice. In the first pic with three discs, the bottom right was my first attempt. I used idye poly orange, red and yellow on a Lime Green 161g gold line river. I came back with a second marbling dip adding some blue that came out sorta purpleish. The bottom left was my second attempt on a 163g Dayglow Yellow gold line river. Better swirls and color "management" if you will. A really pretty disc. The top one is my latest. It started as a 169g white gold line river. I used the same 4 colors but tried some really cool patterns that really made this disc gorgeous. I am going to take pics in a step by step manner if anybody is interested in how I did it. I would like to thank all the disc dyeing guru's on here that I studied for the past 2 weeks before trying this, they definitely made this possible....

Attachments

• photo(1).jpeg
    photo(1).jpeg
    117.6 KB · Views: 166
  • photo(2).jpeg
    photo(2).jpeg
    116.5 KB · Views: 202
  • photo3.jpeg
    photo3.jpeg
    118.4 KB · Views: 141
Almost looks like you know Jeff !

If u keep that up , ur gonna be a busy guy ! :hfive:

I am nowhere near Jeff's level bro.. :) I am learning a lot about this process though. It is really cool to learn though. I just wish that idye poly had more colors though.......

Wanted to marble but got some cooler effects instead.... take a look

IMG_5117_zps48212d17.jpg

IMG_5116_zpsf0bebcf3.jpg

IMG_5118_zpsaa953dbe.jpg

That my friend looks like an accidental brainwave and it is awesome! How much u want for that Starfire bro!?

It was more intentional than accidental. I found out it done it one time and my face lighted up! I was like "HOLY SHIZZZ BRAINWAVVEESSS!!!!!" Lol. And I kept mixing till one looked this sweet.

And Pm'd ya.

Looking good BIgNik. Are you using a very slow spin setting? How long are you letting them sit before they are done?

Using Shaving Cream Marble Method .
sitting from 10-18hrs , Over night really
no heat .. iDye Poly ..
Gonna start MEssing around with all the Methods of Shading/MArbling/brainwaves/& Other No Names ...
Ive been laying low for a long time now ..
bout time i put all this **** i read to WOrk ~ :D

Cool, I like the way that you were really uniform in your "marbling" technique. Made it look like it was spun at first. I am using the same dye and SC method, I just need to figure out a few different ways to put the dye down that match what I want to end up with.

Yes it is cat a mouse when it comes to determining what its going to look like when u press it .. thats why i started off with champion glow plastic because i could see threw the discs and get a good idea of what happens when i press it down .. My first attempt was the red glow rhyno .. did it sloppy (didnt know what to expect) watched it morph STill Came out Awesome ! lol .... then took my time on the purple rhyno .. Being Mythical about each swirl .. Then get better and better from there is the plan :)

I have an idea to Cross Breed Brainwaves and NEgitive Brain Waves .. Wonder what ill get ... lol ~

what colors of i dye ploy did you use for those?

that flag dye is great!!! almost perfect. i love the purple too.