• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Max speed hyzer flip driver

I'd also thought about a Havoc; -2,3 just doesn't inspire much confidence in it's flipping abilities. Between the Havoc and Bolt, which is flippier (from a hyzer)?

Is the D4 the most understable of the Prodigy lineup?

I'd also thought about a Havoc; -2,3 just doesn't inspire much confidence in it's flipping abilities. Between the Havoc and Bolt, which is flippier (from a hyzer)?

Is the D4 the most understable of the Prodigy lineup?

Bolt
Yes, I could make mine go to ground, and I don't have much power.

I think the King is the answer to this question. I think the bolt would be too flippy

If you like lat here are a few options - Bolt, Air Bolt, Renegade, Air King's, Vision(older version) and Fury's.

I have thrown the Air Bolt, Air King and Air Halo and they all had a good amount of turn. The Halo had by far the strongest fade of the three and even in 151g would still finish left. BUT it had enough turn to it to be hyzer flippable by someone with moderate skill (in other words, not me)

But the Bolt and the King were fliptastic. The Bolt had a little less high speed turn but also a little less low speed fade than the King...or maybe the King just dumped off while the Bolt was a little more gentle.

I couldnt bag them because of my damned tiny hands (be forewarned: they have hige rims) but any of the three should work for you with the King or Bolt being the better options.

King is exactly what I'm talking about ... -1,+4 seems to suggest something stable, but it might be the next one I try.

FR/old mold kings were ridiculously flippy but think they have ironed that mold out a bit and not quite as flippy as the early ones were. Havoc's are not flippy at all unless you are mashing on them and still have a bit of LSS fade. Bolt for me was really touchy either huge flips that's never came back or you tried to take some off and it would end up flying stable.

Honestly I have never found a flippy 11+ speed disc to be reliable at all and just tend to say away from them as I would rather throw a beat to crap stable disc than one that's touchy as all get out.

I have a 157g Blizzard Katana that flips well past flat but still fades out when given some height, I'm probably maxing out with it at a little over 350 though, so take that for what it's worth. I've heard a lot of people say that blizzard katanas are super unreliable, but I think mine is on the heavier end of blizzard and is a bit more consistent.

Yeah the GL Havocs get really flippy. Another suggestion is a Star Archon, those discs are great but when they get flippy they get flippy. I can throw mine on a high hyzer line and it'll still turn and flip.

I have a GL Bolt and Air Opto bolt. Both can take the lines you describe but I think a King is a good choice. They seem to really flip and turn well but always fade back. I think the ones I've thrown are more close to 13/5/-2/3

King is exactly what I'm talking about ... -1,+4 seems to suggest something stable, but it might be the next one I try.

The flight ratings are way off for the disc. Both inbounds and Westsides ratings are almost backwards IMO. It's more like 14|5|-4|1 (possibly 2 for fade, and possibly 6 for glide in TP)

The newer Kings are much more stable than the old ones (as someone else mentioned). I had one before that was too flippy even for rollers.

Last edited:
I've been flipping my Star Mamba (crushed it last night further than ever before) and my D4. Star Mamba is much better than my Champion which just turned over too quickly... but probably because it was super light. D4 was not flippy out of the box but is money now.

I'm using those because I lost my GL Bolt.

Honestly I have never found a flippy 11+ speed disc to be reliable at all and just tend to say away from them as I would rather throw a beat to crap stable disc than one that's touchy as all get out.

That's been my experience also. Doesn't keep me from crossing my fingers and buying a King and Bolt, though!

Thanks for all the help, guys. Especially with the lat stuff, I have no idea how they're going to fly until I throw them. Hopefully one of them works; otherwise it seems like I might have to try to get over my aversion to innova:sick:

The flight ratings are way off for the disc. Both inbounds and Westsides ratings are almost backwards IMO. It's more like 14|5|-4|1 (possibly 2 for fade, and possibly 6 for glide in TP)

The newer Kings are much more stable than the old ones (as someone else mentioned). I had one before that was too flippy even for rollers.
I have seen this first hand. I play with a guy that is sort of a one trick poney. he flips every shot. Does not carry a single "stable" disc. Saw he had two Kings and thought, oh no, this won't be good. Those Kings flip up for him just as easily as his Mambas, but are longer. I'd have bought some, but I'm trying to avoid that size rim for a while.

Another vote for the King for this job.

Not quite as fast, and vary a bit from disc to disc, but I've had good luck with 2 blizzard destroyers for this task as well (another is too overstable and another is turn and burn flippy--the blizzard stuff is money when it's good, but I find it really inconsistent and beats in fast (like a couple of rounds)

I just recently traded for a king and it surprised the hell out of me with the amount of flip this disc has. it bombs too!!
I would suggest the king in tournament plastic
I also would suggest the prodigy d4. if the d4 has the flashing on bottom rub it on some carpet,wood,or cement lightly to remove it and then the disc flies flippy like it is intended to be.

I would suggest a star Vulcan.
You have to know what you're doing, but this thing will flip from a hyzer, and if you did it right, it will also either come back at the end, or if you want, keep turning.

Gateway Slayers do long hyzer flips well, it's similar to a DD2, but I think these are flatter and the rim feels less awkward.

King (tournament plastic) and Bolt(Goldline) !!..always got both in my bag... Hyzer flipping low through the trees and bombing down wind glide monsters

Latest posts